Don White

Default Manatees in court

NOYB wrote in message
hlink.net...

Great idea. Let's just shut down the entire ICW on the East and West
Coasts, too, while we're at it!

Putz.

From what I read in here, it's almost that way already.

Doug Kanter

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message

Avoid hitting an annimal that Is not from Florida, does not belong here,

is not
endangered, and had taken over your voting, boating, and docking

(building )
rights.

Believe me when I tell you that I try very hard to see both sides of this
issue, especially since I don't know a lot about it. But "does not belong
here"? Wherever they are, they're there for a reason, so you may as well
adjust as much as possible. It sounds like you try.

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Don White" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote in message

How much non-renewable resources does it take to make a 50' sailboat?

And
to replace the sails.

Sailboats are in a whole different category...at one with nature..quiet

yet
beautiful.
I think the gov't should offer a tax deduction to encourage sailboat

buyers
and discourage power.

I think *your* government should. Our government is happy the way things
are.

Actually, our government doesn't KNOW where it is. :-) A tax break for
buying light trucks? Hello???

Florida Keyz

When I said manatee do not belong here, is because there were inported from
West India to miami to eat the plants clogging the cannals.

Doug Kanter

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
When I said manatee do not belong here, is because there were inported

from
West India to miami to eat the plants clogging the cannals.

OK, but so what? They're here. If you move to a new neighborhood and the
locals don't like your family, is it OK for them to run you down with their
cars? :-)

Florida Keyz

your arguments are childish, probably from you lack of experience, and bogus
email name.

Bill,Your a coward, hiding behind it. but then,,,,that figures.

Guess I asked for it, trying to post on topic, with factual information,
instead of grade school banter.

Terry Spragg

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message

Avoid hitting an annimal that Is not from Florida, does not belong here,

is not

endangered, and had taken over your voting, boating, and docking

(building )

rights.

Believe me when I tell you that I try very hard to see both sides of this
issue, especially since I don't know a lot about it. But "does not belong
here"? Wherever they are, they're there for a reason, so you may as well
adjust as much as possible. It sounds like you try.

They are there because they can. They eat a particular type of sea
plant which otherwise quickly fills shallow water so it is unuseable
by boats, power and sail. I believe the plant is an exotic import,
like zebra mussels are. Manatees are the only way to control the
Japanese sea cabbage, or whatever it is.

To be cynical, the only reason they need protecting is so that
waters attractive to boats remain open.

Mind you, they also destroy habitat for young fish, who find shelter
from predators in the weeds, and snails to eat, or something that
lives on the weed. I forget the names of all the interacting organisms.

That's why its called ecology, because it's complex.

Who is to define the "Proper natural balance?"

What will we eat when the little fish do thier thing, or don't?

Speed should be regulated according to depth. Who's in a hurry,
anyway, and why?

Terry K

Terry Spragg

Doug Kanter wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Don White" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote in message

How much non-renewable resources does it take to make a 50' sailboat?

And

to replace the sails.

Sailboats are in a whole different category...at one with nature..quiet
yet beautiful.

I think the gov't should offer a tax deduction to encourage sailboat
buyers and discourage power.

I think *your* government should. Our government is happy the way things
are.

Actually, our government doesn't KNOW where it is. :-) A tax break for
buying light trucks? Hello???

Relaxed emission and economy regulations for light trucks? Hello?

That's like a discount for high rate of fire guns and ammo. Goodbye?

Terry K

Greg

The reason these laws keep getting thrown out is they don't use any science to
determine what the speed limit should be.
Around here they have the 25MPH zones exactly where you are most likely to hit
a manatee and it is "slow" speed where you seldom ever see one. That is what
happens when you have knee jerk polititians making these rules.

BUT manatees Florida Keyz General 7 December 24th 03 03:06 AM
Get the Manatees off the endangered list Capt. Frank Hopkins General 49 November 25th 03 05:41 AM
Court OK's boat searches without warrant or probable cause... Gould 0738 General 21 September 30th 03 03:36 PM
The Bush Economy Stinks...and Sinks basskisser General 146 August 11th 03 12:44 PM
OT - The shoe bomber and freedom JohnH General 8 July 25th 03 02:21 AM