Greg

Default Manatees in court

The "court" case refers to Matlacha Pass, Estero Bay, San Carlos Bay and some
of the Caloosahatchee river where speed zones have no relation to actual
manatee activity or any scientific basis in their implimentation. That is what
the court said anyway. I tend to agree when you have a 25MPH limit in the
places deep enough to actually hold a manatee and "slow" speed in places that
won't. A Manatee in 2-3 feet of water is not going to go unnoticed. His ass
will be out of the water.
Don White

Backyard Renegade wrote in message
Do you ever speak from direct knowledge or experience, or is it just
that you don't like my politics? I live in Essex CT. one of the
wealthiest per capita towns in the country on the banks of the CT
River... Many of the large sailboats and boaters meet those conditions
I noted above. Apparently you do not meet the description, so why
should you get into this one? I guess it is ok for only you to throw
around generalities and observations based on political agenda, but
for me to talk from direct experience, you are still nothing but a
political whore here, no more credibility than your buddy Harry...

Political whore??? Gee.... no one has ever called me that before!.

Don White

wrote in message

Essex isn't even close to being one of the wealthiest towns in

Connecticut, much
less the whole country. It's a very nice little village where the per

capita
income is $34,083. Compare that to even a few random examples: Old Lyme,
$35,151, Redding, $53,848, Darien, 75,165, Lyme, $41,406, Madison,

$41,076,
Sheman, $46,621, Stamford (which is a large city whose average is dragged

down
by the usual urban problems) $38,481. Essex isn't especially poverty

stricken,
but it's hardly a den of high income, either. Essex is surrounded by other
similarly ranked towns, namely Deep River and Chester. We call that area

"Deep
Chessex" for short. It's a nice, small, solid middle-class community with

quaint business district. They have a nice little sailor's hangout that I

won't
name ( ****k ***L) because it's already too crowded.

BB

He he.... Thanks Bill.
Poor old Backdoor Reamer seems to have trouble getting his facts straight
lately.
Could it be all that contact cement he breaths in?

BUT manatees Florida Keyz General 7 December 24th 03 03:06 AM
Get the Manatees off the endangered list Capt. Frank Hopkins General 49 November 25th 03 05:41 AM
Court OK's boat searches without warrant or probable cause... Gould 0738 General 21 September 30th 03 03:36 PM
The Bush Economy Stinks...and Sinks basskisser General 146 August 11th 03 12:44 PM
OT - The shoe bomber and freedom JohnH General 8 July 25th 03 02:21 AM