Florida Keyz

Default BUT manatees

are no longer endangered!

Sterling
Don White

Sez who?......a bunch of go fast prop jocks??

Florida Keyz wrote in message
are no longer endangered!

Sterling

Greg

Actually it is the people who count manatees. It is questionable that they ever
were endangered. The joke is on the SMC who started the counts in the first
place. Once they started really looking they figured out we are lousy with
manatee. The nanual count actually increasess every year for the last decade.
The only question about the delisting was the "message" it might send according
to SMC.

Sez who?......a bunch of go fast prop jocks??
are no longer endangered!

Sterling

drn

"Greg" wrote in message
Actually it is the people who count manatees. It is questionable that they

ever
were endangered. The joke is on the SMC who started the counts in the

first
place. Once they started really looking they figured out we are lousy with
manatee. The nanual count actually increasess every year for the last

decade.
The only question about the delisting was the "message" it might send

according
to SMC.

Sez who?......a bunch of go fast prop jocks??
are no longer endangered!

Sterling

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was always under the assumption that manatees are a
nonindigenous species.

Greg

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was always under the assumption that manatees are a
nonindigenous species.

That is a popular argument but they do come up with manatee bones from
thousands of years ago. One could say that only proves manatee came here by
accident and froze to death but I imagine the reality is they are supposed to
migrate here in the summer and go back south in the winter. In that respect the
FPL plant is altering the natural behavior on a listed species and in violation
of the ESA. I suppose that is why they need a permit to pollute the river with
their hot water. It is also interesting that SMC sent an action alert out to
it's members when FPLs permit came up for review. FPL now has the ability to
discharge less hot water because of the new high efficiency plant, perhaps not
heating the water high enough to support manatee but SMC forces them to
artificially heat the water in the winter. That is violating the intent of
their permit.

Jeff Rigby

"Don White" wrote in message
Sez who?......a bunch of go fast prop jocks??

Florida Keyz wrote in message
are no longer endangered!

Sterling

The Federal government! They are on the protected list not the endangered

JimL

BUT how do they taste? :^)

-JimL

Florida Keyz wrote:
are no longer endangered!

Sterling

Florida Keyz

they taste great at breakfast with bald eagle eggs!