Jim

Default Peggie, question

Peggie;

I have been lusting after the "Sea era" head at your suggestion, when I
ran across 7 used heads. They appear to be Raritan Atlantes. The word
"Raritan" in stamped on the back of the bowl. One piece porcelain bowl,
just as it appears in the catalogue I have. The store employee said
they were fresh water flush, but he also said they weren't macerating
heads, the catalogue says they are. Maybe he didn't know.

They are "take outs" as someone didn't like the color, black (I don't
either).

I wasn't sure what I was looking at at the store, so I went home and
looked at the web site. Of course the exploded parts diagram isn't
available, neither is the brochure ("not available on this server").

Ok, the asking price is $135 each. They appear to be unused, spotless
everywhere. Seat included, hoses hanging out the back. No solenoid, no
manuals.

I will probably go down and get a better look tomorrow. I still don't
know what's missing, and what the worst case scenario is on getting them
installed and working.

Your opinion, please.

Peggie Hall

The exploded parts diagrams are on the Raritan website, in .pdf
format...which means you need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to access
it. However, unless you have a computer that came off the Ark, you can
download Acrobat for free--in fact, from the Raritan site. If that's
more than your computer can do, I'll fax 'em to you. Watch for a copy of
this reply in your email that has a replyable address.

I'm a bit skeptical that all the "innards" are really there for that
price...but hey, it's definitely worth checking out.

Be aware, though, that the Atlantes has a FULL size elongated bowl
that's 19" front to back...you'll also need enough room for your knees
in front of it while sitting. And, it weighs over 70 lbs--about what a
household toilet, which is also a one piece china bowl and
pedestal--weighs...which could affect the trim of some boats. But, as I
said earlier, for that price, it's definitely worth checking out.

Jim wrote:
The store employee said
they were fresh water flush, but he also said they weren't macerating
heads, the catalogue says they are. Maybe he didn't know.

The Atlantes IS a macerating toilet.

They are "take outs" as someone didn't like the color, black (I don't
either).

Hey..you can't have EVERYTHING you want for 10% of list price!

Ok, the asking price is $135 each. They appear to be unused, spotless
everywhere. Seat included, hoses hanging out the back. No solenoid, no
manuals.

If they really are pressurized water flush, you'll need a solenoid, but
you can get that from Raritan.

We're kinda snowed/iced in here, so I won't be going anywhere in the
morning. If you can't download Acrobat, email me a fax number early and
I'll send you the diagrams. However, I strongly recommend you don't buy
'em till you've had a chance to talk to Raritan on Monday.

--
Peggie
----------

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Jim

Peggie:
I can download Adobe PDF files all day long, That's how I read my
morning newspaper.

The Raritan web site has the links, but I get an error message for the
links on the Atlantes.

"Not Found The requested URL /pdf_files/Atlantes/L1001atlantesv0203.pdf
was not found on this server."

Aside from the price list, all other pdf links work fine.

Try it and see if you can get the links to work:
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/index.html

The innards seem to be there, not the fresh water solenoid though. I
may pass on it, just because they are black. Seems like a deal, though.

I need weight on that side, and the thing will fit, although it's a bit
high. Could modify the platform the old head sits on.

I will go down there tomorrow morning and look them over again, with a
little more knowledge.

Thanks for your reply.

Jim

Jim wrote:

[...]

Jim

Peggie:
I can download Adobe PDF files all day long, That's how I read my
morning newspaper.

Try it and see if you can get the links to work:
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/index.html

The innards seem to be there, not the fresh water solenoid though. I
may pass on it, just because they are black. Seems like a deal, though.

I need weight on that side, and the thing will fit, although it's a bit
high. Could modify the platform the old head sits on.

I will go down there tomorrow morning and look them over again, with a
little more knowledge.

I know what you mean about the cold, I took a sweatshirt with me today.
Almost put it on.

Thanks for your reply.

Jim

Jim wrote:

[...]

Scott Sexton

[This followup was posted to rec.boats and a copy was sent to the cited
author.]

Looks like someone used capital letters in the HTML code, but lower case
on the server, they are probably writing/testing on a Windows machine,
but hosting on a Linux machine.

Try these links instead for the Atlantes line:

Atlantes L1001 Atlantes Promo Sheet
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/...antesv0203.pdf
L342 Atlantes Owner's Manual
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/...antesv0203.pdf
L346 Atlantes Exploded Parts Views
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/...antesv0602.pdf

and others:

MSRP Price List 2003.pdf
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/..._list_2004.pdf

L1004 Cricket Promo Sheet
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/...icketv0203.pdf
Cricket Owner's Manual
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/...icketv0502.pdf
Cricket Exploded Parts Views
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/...icketv0502.pdf

SNIP

Try it and see if you can get the links to work:
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/index.html

SNIP

If anyone knows someone at Raritan, tell them to send me a million
dollars.... or a postcard for fixing their site! LOL

Scott H. Sexton help@
www.sexton.com sexton.com
Eeyore's Birthday Party www.sexton.com/eeyores
CDR Listing www.sexton.com/cdr

Jim

Thank you for your much appreciated efforts Peggie (and Scott). You're
right about attempts to defeat spammers, Maybe they don't work, then
again maybe they do.

After sleeping on it, we decided that a black head wouldn't look right.
So, I'm going to pass.

Anyone want to upgrade your head in So. Ca., go see Ernie Minney. You
know the place.
Jim

Scott Sexton wrote:

[...]

Peggie Hall

Jim wrote:
Peggie:
I can download Adobe PDF files all day long, That's how I read my
morning newspaper.

Try it and see if you can get the links to work:
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/index.html

That link didn't work for me either...but this one does:
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/...antesv0602.pdf
I know what you mean about the cold, I took a sweatshirt with me today.
Almost put it on.

Ohhh...phhhbbbttt!

If you have nothing better to do today, I'm really curious to know just
how much of those toilets is still there. The asking price is certainly
a deal, but depending on how much besides the solenoid is missing (like
the macerator maybe?), getting 'em to work could end up costing more
than new.

--
Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Peggie Hall

Scott Sexton wrote:
[This followup was posted to rec.boats and a copy was sent to the cited
author.]

Looks like someone used capital letters in the HTML code, but lower case
on the server, they are probably writing/testing on a Windows machine,
but hosting on a Linux machine.

Or it could be as simple as, they've changed all the URLs...they're
doing a lot of work on the site, adding and revising '04 changes.

If anyone knows someone at Raritan, tell them to send me a million
dollars.... or a postcard for fixing their site! LOL

I do...and lotsa luck!

--
Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Jim

Peggie;
I'll go even though I've decided against buying one. My other half does
not want a black toilet, and, I agree (for once).

It will be interesting to see how many remain this afternoon.

Jim

Peggie Hall wrote:

Jim wrote:

Peggie:
I can download Adobe PDF files all day long, That's how I read my
morning newspaper.

Try it and see if you can get the links to work:
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/index.html

That link didn't work for me either...but this one does:
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/...antesv0602.pdf

I know what you mean about the cold, I took a sweatshirt with me
today. Almost put it on.

Ohhh...phhhbbbttt!

If you have nothing better to do today, I'm really curious to know just
how much of those toilets is still there. The asking price is certainly
a deal, but depending on how much besides the solenoid is missing (like
the macerator maybe?), getting 'em to work could end up costing more
than new.

Lloyd Sumpter

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:52:30 +0000, Jim wrote:

Peggie;
I'll go even though I've decided against buying one. My other half does not
want a black toilet, and, I agree (for once).

Can you not paint it? Epoxy paint, enamel, porcelain paint...

Lloyd