ReevesJ32

Default Ah Crap....

Certainly true. PA is a beautiful state.

Now the Indiana Turnpike is another matter.

Most boring drive I've had is the I-10 Interstate through LA. Drove it once....
now drive around it.
basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message link.net...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"NOYB" wrote in message

link.net...
Between 1 3/4 to 2 hours to Key Biscayne. Naples is about 100+/- miles

away
from Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

And one of the most boring drives in the world.

Yes it is...but only if you take I-75. However, we stopped (*very* briefly)
at the Mullet fest in Goodland, and then travelled the Tamiami ("Tampa to
Miami") Trail to the Seaquarium.

The Tamiami trail is much better than I-75, but not by much.
NOYB

"basskisser" wrote in message
m...

"NOYB" wrote in message

link.net...
Between 1 3/4 to 2 hours to Key Biscayne. Naples is about 100+/-

miles
away
from Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

And one of the most boring drives in the world.

Yes it is...but only if you take I-75. However, we stopped (*very*

briefly)
at the Mullet fest in Goodland, and then travelled the Tamiami ("Tampa

Miami") Trail to the Seaquarium.

The Tamiami trail is much better than I-75, but not by much.

It's certainly not like the Pacific Coast Highway...but it's anything but
boring. Lots of wildlife along it...and you can pull off almost anywhere to
take pictures or go fishing.

Steven Shelikoff

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:42:53 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:47:27 +0000, Steven Shelikoff wrote:

I've driven all through every single state except Alaska, Hawaii and
Wisconsin as well as all of the bordering Canadian provinces and I can
tell you from experience that the PA turnpike is far from being one of the
most boring drives in the world.

Seems odd missing just Wisconsin. PA is a pretty state, but for us in the
Northeast, a comparatively long state.

I know it's odd. I've driven to Chicago, which is pretty close. But on
the cross-country trip that came closest to Wisconsin, I ended up going
up the Michigan peninsula and into Canada, drove across the top of Lake
Superior and didn't come back into the US until Minnesota.

And while driving the PA turnpike across the state is fairly long (360
miles), it's nowhere near as boring as drives of similar lengths in many
other places.

Steve
Harry Krause

wrote:

[...]

Try driving from Lawrence, Kansas, to Garden City, Kansas. I did that
about every third weekend one year in college while dating a honey who
lived "out there" and needed to see mama once a month. I don't recall
the mileage, but it was something over 400. What's out in Garden City?
Nothing that I recall. It was close to Dodge City, though, but that was
only worth one trip. Much of Kansas is flat and featureless.

A lot of the guys I knew at college were from distance places in the
west and mid-west, and thought nothing of really long, boring drives
back and forth to school or home, especially if they had a girl there.

The running gag was "How far would you go on a date?" And the answer
typically was "No farther than Sharon Springs." That was next to Colorado.

--
Email sent to is never read.

basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message

link.net...
Between 1 3/4 to 2 hours to Key Biscayne. Naples is about 100+/-

miles
away
from Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

And one of the most boring drives in the world.

Yes it is...but only if you take I-75. However, we stopped (*very*

briefly)
at the Mullet fest in Goodland, and then travelled the Tamiami ("Tampa

Miami") Trail to the Seaquarium.

The Tamiami trail is much better than I-75, but not by much.

It's certainly not like the Pacific Coast Highway...but it's anything but
boring. Lots of wildlife along it...and you can pull off almost anywhere to
take pictures or go fishing.

Been there, done that. If you are actually trying to get from point A
to point B in reasonable time, it is boring beyond belief. Wildlife
consists of racoons, some water birds, and possum. The real wildlife
has long ago learned to stay away from the roadways.