BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ah Crap.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2843-re-ah-crap.html)

NOYB January 19th 04 03:55 AM

Ah Crap....

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

12 foot waves 9 sec period and 35 kt winds.

Patooey..... isn't even fit to walk on the beach..... :-(

But I thought the advertisement says "Better Get the Grady"? ;-)

As a current Whaler/former Grady owner, I'm qualified to give you some
advice: "Shoulda' got a Whaler"...cause then you'd be out on the water
today. ;-)

Calif Bill January 19th 04 05:39 AM

Ah Crap....

"NOYB" wrote in message
. ..

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

12 foot waves 9 sec period and 35 kt winds.

Patooey..... isn't even fit to walk on the beach..... :-(

But I thought the advertisement says "Better Get the Grady"? ;-)

As a current Whaler/former Grady owner, I'm qualified to give you some
advice: "Shoulda' got a Whaler"...cause then you'd be out on the water
today. ;-)

12x9 and 35 knots wind? Whaler or not, dangerous and your body will hurt
from the beating it would take, if you survive.

D0N ßailey January 19th 04 09:36 PM

Ah Crap....

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

12 foot waves 9 sec period and 35 kt winds.

Patooey..... isn't even fit to walk on the beach..... :-(

Yes... But are the fish biting?

;)

db

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time

Pictures at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.cafeshops.com/recdotboats

Shameless Commercial Plug for Lee's Rec.Boats Clothing

Short Wave Sportfishing January 19th 04 09:40 PM

Ah Crap....

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:36:36 -0500, "D0N ßailey"
wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
.. .

12 foot waves 9 sec period and 35 kt winds.

Patooey..... isn't even fit to walk on the beach..... :-(

Yes... But are the fish biting?

Which, of course, is the important question. :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."

St. Pete, 12 Lb. Test

D0N ßailey January 19th 04 10:43 PM

Ah Crap....

wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
.. .

12 foot waves 9 sec period and 35 kt winds.

Patooey..... isn't even fit to walk on the beach..... :-(

Yes... But are the fish biting?

I guess I'll never know. Sat on the boat and read for a while....
listening to the wind and the lap of the water....

Fishing would have been too much like dangling a line off of a fast
freight elevator... Besides, I suggested it to the little lady and
although most of it was drowned out by the wind, I did catch something
about, .........cold day.........Hell..............I go ...... full
gale...... Decided not to say, "Huh?"

She doesn't like ice-fishing? ;)

I heard huge stripers were running the beach
somewhere on the Outer Banks.
Makes me yearn for the coast again.....sigh

It won't be long now though.. we have a 3rd annual trip to the
Outer Banks planned for ACC tourney weekend again..

The 1st trip resulted in about 75 degrees, and bathing suits on the beach.
Last year, we got up to the 40's and about 30 knot winds.
I wonder what this year has in store. I really don't care, Im just
ready to go.

I only saw two people anywhere near the water.... two young guys in
wetsuits surfing. I'm still not sure if what I saw was *surfing* or
*wind surfing* ... as these guys tended to be blown forward off the
board.

There's a new Italian restaurant at South Harbour Village, but the
restaurant on the water went Tango Uniform. SeaGrass has stayed open
all winter... $$$$$$$, but good eats. All of the touristy stuff is
closed. Just a good time to kick off the shoes in front of a toasty
fire and savor thick homemade chowder......

Oh, well, there'll be better fishing weather to come.....

Yea..you know it man. At least you can be "close" to it.
Some of us bozo's can only dream
of the sunsets you enjoy right about now.

:)

db

NOYB January 20th 04 02:44 AM

Ah Crap....

"D0N ßailey" wrote in message

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

12 foot waves 9 sec period and 35 kt winds.

Patooey..... isn't even fit to walk on the beach..... :-(

Yes... But are the fish biting?

That's sailfish weather in Southeast Florida and the Keys this time of the
year. Saw a Bertram and Hatteras each with 11 sailfish flags flying
yesterday in Key Biscayne...and the wind was probably blowing 25 knots out
of the South.

Harry Krause January 20th 04 02:50 AM

Ah Crap....

NOYB wrote:

"D0N ßailey" wrote in message

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

12 foot waves 9 sec period and 35 kt winds.

Patooey..... isn't even fit to walk on the beach..... :-(

Yes... But are the fish biting?

That's sailfish weather in Southeast Florida and the Keys this time of the
year. Saw a Bertram and Hatteras each with 11 sailfish flags flying
yesterday in Key Biscayne...and the wind was probably blowing 25 knots out
of the South.

How long a drive is it for you to get to Miami?

--
Email sent to is never read.

NOYB January 20th 04 03:04 AM

Ah Crap....

Between 1 3/4 to 2 hours to Key Biscayne. Naples is about 100+/- miles away
from Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

NOYB January 20th 04 03:41 AM

Ah Crap....

NOYB wrote:

"D0N ßailey" wrote in message

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

12 foot waves 9 sec period and 35 kt winds.

Patooey..... isn't even fit to walk on the beach..... :-(

Yes... But are the fish biting?

That's sailfish weather in Southeast Florida and the Keys this time

of
the
year. Saw a Bertram and Hatteras each with 11 sailfish flags flying
yesterday in Key Biscayne...and the wind was probably blowing 25

knots
out
of the South.

How long a drive is it for you to get to Miami?

--
Email sent to is never read.

Hmmmm. I'll be in Bal Harbour for a week in early March for a meeting,
and I am sure I can find one day to go fishing. Wanna split an inshore
charter or find some rec.boats lunatic in the Miami area who wants to do
a little reef fishing with the both of us? I bummed a boat last year
from a friend and, out of Haulover Inlet, caught some really nice
kingfish about 1-1/2 miles offshore. The friend, unfortunately, moved up
north to Flagler Beach and probably took his boat with him.

I remember that report. I've been wanting to drag my boat over to the other
coast for the last 4 years to do some fishing there. However, having 3 kids
under age 4 leaves very little time to go *anywhere* fun. I don't work on
Friday's, so I usually go out in the boat early, and get back by the time my
oldest is home from pre-school. Any later, and my cell phone starts
ringing...with my son asking why I went on the boat without him. Saturday
is daddy/son fishing day (usually just the 4 year old goes...but I've taken
the 2 year old out a few times). My wife actually *wants* me to go fishing
on Saturday...as long as I take one of the kids so that she can run her
errands. Sunday, is of course, "family day".

Any deviation from the aforementioned routine requires *huge* concessions
made to the wife. Going to the National Seminar Series cost me a weekend
where I now have to watch all 3 kids while she goes to Indiana for her best
friend's baby shower. I think that going to the other coast to fish with
you would come at a "price" that I don't have the energy or time to pay. ;-)

Let me know what weekend you're coming down. My son is off from school on
March 5th, so you know he'll be on the boat with me that day. I also may
work a Friday or two in March since it's my busiest month. However, if you
know the date of the weekend enough in advance, and you feel like driving
over to this coast, let me know. We'll head out one Friday morning for some
Grouper digging.

I promise not to mention that unmentionable nincompoop currently in the
White House so long as you don't bring up blue dresses, blow jobs

I dunno. If the bite is off, talking politics could be fun.