basskisser

Default Ah Crap....

"NOYB" wrote in message link.net...
Between 1 3/4 to 2 hours to Key Biscayne. Naples is about 100+/- miles away
from Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

And one of the most boring drives in the world.
DSK

Gene Kearns wrote:

12 foot waves 9 sec period and 35 kt winds.

Patooey..... isn't even fit to walk on the beach..... :-(

You're doing it wrong. Sounds like a great day to go sailing to me!

DSK

NOYB

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"NOYB" wrote in message

link.net...
Between 1 3/4 to 2 hours to Key Biscayne. Naples is about 100+/- miles

away
from Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

And one of the most boring drives in the world.

Yes it is...but only if you take I-75. However, we stopped (*very* briefly)
at the Mullet fest in Goodland, and then travelled the Tamiami ("Tampa to
Miami") Trail to the Seaquarium.

Dan Krueger

When is the last time you pulled that off? I make the trip at least once a
month - in reverse - and lately the FHP and the Indian cops have been all over
that road. An article in the paper said that they average a bit over one
accident a day. Seems hard to believe on a divided highway like that with one
real exit ramp and only a few scattered rest stops. My guess is most of them
are from people falling asleep. There were also a lot of rollovers blamed on
the Firestone tire mess a few years ago...

Dan

Wayne.B wrote:
On 20 Jan 2004 06:47:27 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

And one of the most boring drives in the world.

===============

But at 80+ mph it goes by pretty fast and there's lot's of exotic bird
life along the way.

Harry Krause

Wayne.B wrote:
On 20 Jan 2004 06:47:27 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

And one of the most boring drives in the world.

===============

But at 80+ mph it goes by pretty fast and there's lot's of exotic bird
life along the way.

The real fun was in the early 1960s, driving on K-10 late at night from
Kansas City, Missouri, to Lawrence. A winding country road, populated
with unguarded railroad crossings, sweeping hills, federal ammunition
dumps and no real enforced speed limit. An 80 mph average speed
was...just average. Many a time you'd have to guess whether you'd beat
that freight over the crossing... Ahhh...the heady days of Osawatomie,
Tonganoxie and other delightful Kansas place names.

--
Email sent to
is never read.
thunder

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:47:27 +0000, Steven Shelikoff wrote:

I've driven all through every single state except Alaska, Hawaii and
Wisconsin as well as all of the bordering Canadian provinces and I can
tell you from experience that the PA turnpike is far from being one of the
most boring drives in the world.

Seems odd missing just Wisconsin. PA is a pretty state, but for us in the
Northeast, a comparatively long state.