JAXAshby

billie, and you and dog pile are a pair. but let me answer your questions.

So, Genie-ass, can you answer the very easy question?

Do you know the difference between torque and horsepower?

This question was answered, by me, a couple posts back. apparently, you either
were not paying attention, or you are not capable of understanding. if the
later, ask a high school kid to explain it to you.
next:

Do you know the difference between an over-square and an under-square
engine?

yes. and, like tens of thousands of others, I knew the difference while still
an early teenager.

next?

BB

Calif Bill

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
billie, attempting rational discussion with you is a useless as attempting

such
with dog pile jeggies.

what a waste of good oxygen.

That is true, you are completely irrational!

Calif Bill

No Jaxass you did not answer the thrust / RPM question completely. And you
explain to me how over-sq and under-sq differ. And why an over-sq engine
spins faster. Hint on your test. Use an engine with a 2" bore and a 20'
stroke.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
billie, I DID answer it and answer it completely. go back and read the

posts.
get some high school kid to help you. the answer is there and it was the
complete answer.

in addition, you did answer your question re square vs over-square

engines, in
that yes I do know the difference. now, let me ask you a question. do

*you*,
shakeytown billie, how sq vs ov-sq affects degrees rotation the piston is
stopped at BDC? A yes or no answer is fine, while a one or two sentence
explanation is better.

have fun.

From: "Calif Bill"
Date: 12/14/2004 10:36 PM Eastern Standard Time

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
[...]

Well, then answer them. You did not answer the question regards thrust

and
RPM and Horse power earlier. I admit you probably do know horse ****.

J Merrill

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
billie, I repeat, hp IS thrust ****multiplied*** by rpm times a factor.
Remember that, that is not going to change withing your lifetime.

No Horsepower is Thrust thru a distance. It is also Torque multiplied by RPM
times a factor.

But in the subject case you should look at the Usable HP and Thrust in your
application. Just because a motor is rated 15HP at some RPM does not mean
you can actually use it at 15HP in your application.

Calif Bill

You have not answered the question on the test I gave you. Remember the
hint of long, long stroke and 2" bore.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
billie, I repeat, hp IS thrust ****multiplied*** by rpm times a factor.
Remember that, that is not going to change withing your lifetime.

over square does NOT "spin faster", but rather -can- spin at greater rpm
without running into the limits of piston speed.

btw, diesels typcially are under-square.

now, yo-yo billie, a question for you. Why do diesels typically have

longer
connecting rods compared to their strokes as compared to gas engines.

Question #2: how does connecting rod length vs stroke affect degrees

rotation
of the piston at dead stop?

have fun.

JAXAshby

billie, are you trying to show us you are even dumber than dog pile jeffies?

it has been explained to you, and explained in terms even a 10 girl
understands. if you are STILL having problems catching on, ask jeffie's wife
to explain it to you. she has lots of practise with idgits.

JAXAshby

HP is not thrust multiplied by RPM. Is torgue multiplied by RPM. And
Thrust over a distance relates to horsepower.

stew ped billie, both your statements above are incorrect UNLESS you include
the term "times a factor" is each. Then each is correct.

[hint you fumb duck: how does the factor in the thrust calc varies with the
prop pitch? duh.]

Calif Bill

hey, squathead, it is not thrust! IS TORQUE TIMES RPM TIMES A FACTOR!.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
hey, squathead, watch closely as I know the rest of the world that you

have no
frickin' clew how to read.

billie, I repeat, hp IS thrust ****multiplied*** by rpm times a

-------- factor
Remember that, that is not going to change withing your lifetime.

catch it? the rest of the world did.