Gould 0738

Means the smart folks moved out to the suburbs and what's left voted
Democrat. Not hard to figure out.

John H

Ah yes, Suburbia. Where everybody lives on a dead end street. Suburbanities
endure private "covenants" requiring them to conform to the neighbors, so that
when it is time to paint the cloned house (with the cloned landscaping) any
thought of individual expression is squelched in favor of the "public good."
Suburbia, the fantasy consumption neighborhood where the economy produces
nothing and the SUV is a god. Suburbia is a land of economic imperialism- all
wealth and resources in Suburbia are extracted from some remote area (the city
to which all commute). Suburbia, the primarily lilly white land of cultural
conformity.

It's no wonder you guys in Suburbia vote Republican, the party reflects the
values to which you subscribe in everyday life.

Dr. Dr. Smithers

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know what community you live in, but suburbia is no longer lilly
white, you have every ethnic group imaginable in suburbia. People with
families are moving to suburbia, because so many of the inner city schools
suck. What makes you think minorities do not want a safe environment for
their children to learn?

If you visited the school districts in suburbia, you would be surprised how
diverse they are.

Gould 0738

If you visited the school districts in suburbia, you would be surprised how
diverse they are.

Seems that not all that long ago we had an OT post here from a guy who lives in
Suburbia. As I recall, he was outraged that
"Mexicans" were living in a house in his neighborhood, and he was all but
completely convinced they had to be up to no good in order to afford the
payments. As I recall, the plaintiff went so far as to check property records
with the county to see whether the property was registered to somebody with a
Mexican sounding surname.

Ain't as integrated as you think, but it is somewhat. See the word "primarily"
in my observation. The more expensive, cutting edge suburban neighborhoods will
present an ethnic reflection of the way wealth is held in the US. Those
"suburban" neighborhoods closer to town, built 25-30 years ago, do seem to be
slightly more diverse.

Gould 0738

Had nothing to do with their country of origin, had to do with their
habits, and the number of people and cars for one house and yard. Get
off your high horse, Chuck, it's not becoming.

Was that you? I remembered the incident, but not the party involved.

My horse has a question: If it wasn't about ethnicity, why were the people
described with an ethnic label? When my neighbor does something I wish he
hadn't done, I don't say "My Anglo Saxon Catholic nieghbor did this or
that..........."
Gould 0738

Very often on the news, I'll hear an announcer say something like,
"The subject was a black male, about 200 lbs. and about six feet tall,
etc." Is that wrong? Is that a racial slur? Or is it simply a fact?

If the description is offered as part of an appeal to help locate somebody who
is suspected of a crime, that's completely legitimate. You also hear, "The
suspect is a white male, 35-40 years of age, with a shaved head and heavily
tattooed." In such a case, the description *is* the news.
Dr. Dr. Smithers

I can not remember your comment, but I know Gould would be very upset if his
boating neighbor left their tools all over the dock or left beer cans
scattered all over the dock and in the water.

Most marinas have very strict rules and enforce them, and most marinas do
not care what your color is, as long as you have the green.

"JohnH" wrote in message
On 12 Nov 2004 18:18:54 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

[...]

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Dr. Dr. Smithers

I can not understand your point. Do you have a problem with people buying
expensive homes or the fact that not everyone can afford expensive homes?
In the under $200,000 home, which is above the national average (I know the
west coast is expensive as hell), you will find a large percent to be owned
by non whites. Do you have a problem with people buying homes based upon
their financial situation or based upon the reputation of the schools? Do
you have a problem with people who move into the suburbs?

As far as your other comment, most communities, apartments, condos and
cities in both the inner city and suburbs will have zoning laws governing
how property can be used. I know if I had a neighbor who did not mow his
law, had turned his front law into a parking lot, had trash all over his
property, I would be upset, and it would not matter what their ethnic
background was. I would contact the local government as see if they were
violating any laws, wouldn't you?