Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RG

Default 4 stroke produces more "thrust"????

On another thread, I asked about a 2 stroke vs. a 4 stroke for flats
fishing. Lots of "up on plane, get going .. stop .. do it again" etc. I run
in 18 inches of water or less most of the time.

One respondent brings up the theory that "four strokes can and do produce
better "thrust"". Is that theory correct?

In my original posting, I clearly needed/want hole shot..not better gas
mileage..more quiet..less pollution, or top end speed. Right now, in the
couple of groups in which I posted the original question...the vote is 27 to
3 votes in favor of 2 stokes over 4 strokes??????. If his theory is
correct...the 27 to 3 seems wrong for my particular needs. any comments are
much appreciated.. thanks

Changing Spark Plugs Mercury 4 Stroke Engine Ernie General 0 October 7th 03 04:01 AM
old 2 stroke oil mix calhoun General 5 October 6th 03 07:45 PM
evinrude 2+4 & 2 stroke oil question Clams Canino General 3 September 28th 03 01:28 PM
Suzuki 140 hp 4 stroke PMusto General 1 August 27th 03 04:19 PM
Honda 4 stroke engines Dan General 11 August 13th 03 02:25 PM