Clams Canino

Default evinrude 2+4 & 2 stroke oil question

Though there are some minor formulation differences, there are also price
and *marketing* differences. In other words it's at least 1/2 hooey. Yes,
you'll get a premium oil if you buy Merc or OMC oil - but there is stuff
just as good out there for 1/2 the money - if you investigate.

Use any good name (ashless) NMMA rated TCW-3 oil - mixed at 50/1 or in your
auto-mix system.

Now for the best "bang for the buck", I prefer "Pennzoil Premium Synthetic
Blend", available here at Walmart for under $10 a gallon.

-W

"vtv001" wrote in message
Does anyone know what company makes evinrude 2+4 or what is a good
substitute?

Also, what is the difference between evinrude 2 stroke oil, quicksilver
premium and quicksilver premium plus. is there a preferred oil for 115hp
1990 evinrude, besides the mother brand name?

Thanks,
Tony

vtv001

This was the precise reason for the question... I can get quicksilver
premium for $10, while Johnson is $15. I have not looked the price for
quicksilver premium plus. Perhaps next trip to Academy sports

"vtv001" wrote in message
Does anyone know what company makes evinrude 2+4 or what is a good
substitute?

Also, what is the difference between evinrude 2 stroke oil, quicksilver
premium and quicksilver premium plus. is there a preferred oil for 115hp
1990 evinrude, besides the mother brand name?

Thanks,
Tony

Harry Krause

Clams Canino wrote:
Though there are some minor formulation differences, there are also price
and *marketing* differences. In other words it's at least 1/2 hooey. Yes,
you'll get a premium oil if you buy Merc or OMC oil - but there is stuff
just as good out there for 1/2 the money - if you investigate.

Use any good name (ashless) NMMA rated TCW-3 oil - mixed at 50/1 or in your
auto-mix system.

Now for the best "bang for the buck", I prefer "Pennzoil Premium Synthetic
Blend", available here at Walmart for under $10 a gallon.

-W

Yeah, we know what you use to get tipsy, Clams, but what do you use in
your outboards?

BTW, Clams is correct. Any good name brand is sufficient, although the
latest Merc Optis are supposed to use some superpremium oil formulated
for Merc. I've not bothered to find out why, since I don't own one.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Exhaust question on inboard 1958 Chris Craft Gary Warner General 5 September 25th 03 12:32 AM
Evinrude Model Year? DJ General 2 September 13th 03 09:35 AM
Transom Height - Dumb Question Alert Michael Gagliardi General 0 August 28th 03 07:31 PM
evinrude 4 HP 2 cyl runs rough Jan General 6 August 5th 03 10:27 PM
Evinrude 5hp 4 stroke outboard David Samuel General 1 July 20th 03 04:08 PM