vtv001

Default evinrude 2+4 & 2 stroke oil question

This was the precise reason for the question... I can get quicksilver
premium for $10, while Johnson is $15. I have not looked the price for
quicksilver premium plus. Perhaps next trip to Academy sports

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
Though there are some minor formulation differences, there are also price
and *marketing* differences. In other words it's at least 1/2 hooey. Yes,
you'll get a premium oil if you buy Merc or OMC oil - but there is stuff
just as good out there for 1/2 the money - if you investigate.

Use any good name (ashless) NMMA rated TCW-3 oil - mixed at 50/1 or in

your
auto-mix system.

Now for the best "bang for the buck", I prefer "Pennzoil Premium Synthetic
Blend", available here at Walmart for under $10 a gallon.

-W

"vtv001" wrote in message
Does anyone know what company makes evinrude 2+4 or what is a good
substitute?

Also, what is the difference between evinrude 2 stroke oil, quicksilver
premium and quicksilver premium plus. is there a preferred oil for 115hp
1990 evinrude, besides the mother brand name?

Thanks,
Tony