Himm

Default Depth Finder Problem

2 year old boat with a Faria depth finder that has stopped working. The
unit is getting power, but reads out at zero constantly. When I unplug
the transducer it still reads the same. I dont think the wire going from
the gauge to the transducer is bad. The transducer is mounted in the
bilgle below the engine. Any ideas?
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 03:24:37 GMT, Himm wrote:

2 year old boat with a Faria depth finder that has stopped working. The
unit is getting power, but reads out at zero constantly. When I unplug
the transducer it still reads the same. I dont think the wire going from
the gauge to the transducer is bad. The transducer is mounted in the
bilgle below the engine. Any ideas?

This is a tough one. In my experience, it's usually the transducer -
the crystal either fractures or breaks causing false/flaky readings or
in one case on a Garmin, nothing which is similar to your situation.

The only real way to test it is to beg, borrow or buy a new transducer
and try that first. If that doesn't solve the problem, then it's the
finder it'self.

Perhaps the dealer who sold you the device can help you with a borrow
a transducer situation.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653