Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Depth Finder Problem

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 03:24:37 GMT, Himm wrote:

2 year old boat with a Faria depth finder that has stopped working. The
unit is getting power, but reads out at zero constantly. When I unplug
the transducer it still reads the same. I dont think the wire going from
the gauge to the transducer is bad. The transducer is mounted in the
bilgle below the engine. Any ideas?

This is a tough one. In my experience, it's usually the transducer -
the crystal either fractures or breaks causing false/flaky readings or
in one case on a Garmin, nothing which is similar to your situation.

The only real way to test it is to beg, borrow or buy a new transducer
and try that first. If that doesn't solve the problem, then it's the
finder it'self.

Perhaps the dealer who sold you the device can help you with a borrow
a transducer situation.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653