Default Stock Tip: Skyworks Solutions Inc (SWKS)

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:34:07 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:r
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:36:38 -0500, Wayne wrote:Skyworks is on fire this morning after a very strong earnings report.They are an interesting tech company that make key components for 5Gcell phones among other things. Their strong suit is designing hybridchips that do RF (radio frequency) processing as well as digital. I'veowned if for a couple of years now and have done quite well.I have been on it with 5 figures since you told me last time.

$100.00 ?

Over 100x that.

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 10:38:26 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:r
On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:34:07 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:36:38 -0500, Wayne wrote:Skyworks is on fire this morning after a very strong earnings report.They are an interesting tech company that make key components for 5Gcell phones among other things. Their strong suit is designing hybridchips that do RF (radio frequency) processing as well as digital. I'veowned if for a couple of years now and have done quite well.I have been on it with 5 figures since you told me last time.$100.00 ?Over 100x that.

LET'S HOPE IT CONTINUES TO DO WELL.:-)

===

Yes, for sure. Of course they are vunerable to any down turn in the
overall market, and some think that could happen soon. The good news
is that Skyworks is a well established company with solid sales and
earnings. That separates it from the frothy speculative stocks that
have made the news recently. A falling tide drops all boats but the
solid ones come back up. (Note clever interjection of on topic
subject matter.)

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 10:38:26 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:34:07 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:36:38 -0500, Wayne wrote:Skyworks is on fire this morning after a very strong earnings report.They are an interesting tech company that make key components for 5Gcell phones among other things. Their strong suit is designing hybridchips that do RF (radio frequency) processing as well as digital. I'veowned if for a couple of years now and have done quite well.I have been on it with 5 figures since you told me last time.$100.00 ?Over 100x that.LET'S HOPE IT CONTINUES TO DO WELL.:-)===Yes, for sure. Of course they are vunerable to any down turn in theoverall market, and some think that could happen soon. The good newsis that Skyworks is a well established company with solid sales andearnings. That separates it from the frothy speculative stocks thathave made the news recently. A falling tide drops all boats but thesolid ones come back up. (Note clever interjection of on topicsubject matter.)

It took a long time to refloat my F stock. A like amount of Apple
is doing swimmingly.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

Wrote in message:r
[...]

That was what I saw before I jumped in. I just had too much on my
plate to investigate the other one.

Wrote in message:r
[...]

Akoustis is tiny by comparison and a good deal riskier. They were
basically just a R&D operation until their recent contract. Supposedly
they have a superior RF filter technology however and the patents to
back it up. 5G and IOT devices are going to need a lot of filters
eventually.

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 22:54:27 -0500, wrote:On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 12:35:02 -0500, Wayne wrote:On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 10:38:26 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:34:07 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:36:38 -0500, Wayne wrote:Skyworks is on fire this morning after a very strong earnings report.They are an interesting tech company that make key components for 5Gcell phones among other things. Their strong suit is designing hybridchips that do RF (radio frequency) processing as well as digital. I'veowned if for a couple of years now and have done quite well.I have been on it with 5 figures since you told me last time.$100.00 ?Over 100x that.LET'S HOPE IT CONTINUES TO DO WELL.:-)===Yes, for sure. Of course they are vunerable to any down turn in theoverall market, and some think that could happen soon. The good newsis that Skyworks is a well established company with solid sales andearnings. That separates it from the frothy speculative stocks thathave made the news recently. A falling tide drops all boats but thesolid ones come back up. (Note clever interjection of on topicsubject matter.)That was what I saw before I jumped in. I just had too much on myplate to investigate the other one. ===Akoustis is tiny by comparison and a good deal riskier. They werebasically just a R&D operation until their recent contract. Supposedlythey have a superior RF filter technology however and the patents toback it up. 5G and IOT devices are going to need a lot of filterseventually.

I'd be more than a little concerned about technology products.
China is already putting the squeeze on silicon.

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 08:29:54 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

We still lead the world in design and innnovation. Fabrication is
falling behind however with Taiwan Semiconductor (TSMC) currently in
the lead.