Default Stock Tip: Skyworks Solutions Inc (SWKS)

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 09:36:50 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/2/21 1:42 AM, Wayne B wrote:
On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 21:25:23 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 15:53:46 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 09:21:33 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 00:15:32 -0500, Wayne wrote:On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 22:54:27 -0500,
wrote:On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 12:35:02 -0500, Wayne wrote:On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 10:38:26 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:34:07 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:36:38 -0500, Wayne wrote:Skyworks is on fire this morning after a very strong earnings report.They are an interesting tech company that make key components for 5Gcell phones among other things. Their strong suit is designing hybridchips that do RF (radio frequency) processing as well as digital. I'veowned if for a couple of years now and have done quite
well.I have been on it with 5 figures since you told me last time.$100.00 ?Over 100x that.LET'S HOPEIT CONTINUES TO DO WELL.:-)===Yes, for sure. Of course they are vunerable to any down turn in theoverall market, and some think that could happen soon. The good newsis that Skyworks is a well established company with solid sales andearnings. That separates it from the frothy speculative stocks thathave made the news recently. A falling tide drops all boats but thesolid ones come back up. (Note clever interjection of on topicsubject matter.)That was what I saw before I jumped in. I just had too much on myplate to investigate the other one. ===Akoustis is tiny by comparison and a good deal riskier. They werebasically just a R&D operation until their recent contract. Supposedlythey have a superior RF filter technology however and the patents toback it up. 5G and IOT devices are going to need a lot of filterseventually.I
already
have a 5G play. I am looking for something else but notreally hard.It's going to be a while before they have mini towers placed in a grid everywhere, 100 yards from each other. ===True enough but Apple and other phone suppliers are selling 5G phonesright now. Apple is a big customer of Skyworks.
T-MOBILE HAS 5G IN FT MYERS, ESTERO, MIAMI AND A FEW OTHER PLACES.
HAVE YOU HSD A CHANCE TO CHECK IT OUT.
I THINK 5G IS WHERE CELL SERVICE WAS WHEN WE WERE CARRYING BAG
PHONES AROUND. THERE ARE BIG HOLES IN 4G STILL. I WAS IN CEDAR
KEY LAST WEEK WHERE CELLULAR WAS HORRIBLE AND T-MOBILE WI FI
HOTSPOT WAS PRACTICALLY NON EXISTANT.

That is one problem with T Mobile. The coverage is spotty. My wife
fell in love with Verison because their coverage was excellent
wherever she was going. These days it is really more important it is
where I am sitting than it is 40 miles out in the boonies. Neither of
us go anywhere these days. A decent base antenna on a Childrens Band
radio would reach anywhere I go 99% of the time.

===

T-mobile has been steadily expanding their coverage in recent years,
especially since their merger with Sprint. My wife has Verizon so
between the two of us we have coverage almost everywhere, and T-mobile
is much less expensive.

Around here, cell service is great in DC, Baltimore, Annapolis, and, if
you are on one of the main highways, pretty good along them, too, but
drive a few miles away from them and service is at best spotty with all
the carriers.

Get Verizon. The only place I've lost service is Shenandoah River State Park.
You'll never go there 'cause it's a campground.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

We have Verizon. ATT headquarters are in our city and can not get ATT
coverage in 1/2 the area. Liked the price of ATT vs. Verizon, but lack of
coverage in a lot of the areas we traveled to on the coast as well as where
we live made it pretty unusable. T-Mobile had nowhere to go but up. I
think they started by buying the obsolete ATT network.

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

The T Mobile web site says no LTE home router service here.

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

However it is easy to set up a T-mobile phone as a wi-fi hotspot
supporting multible attached connections. We do that on the boat all
the time.

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

Since the LTE router is basically just a phone with ethernet ports I
suspect they are saying the 4g coverage here sucks and I am not sure
they have 5g here. I would be curious how many bars a T mobile phone
gets here. I am not sure what my neighbor has but he ended up putting
an antenna on his roof and a repeater in the house. I thought since my
wife uses a lot of data that was 4g but she is really on my DSL
(WiFi).
There is an interesting thing about Alexa. My FIL's new I-12 phone was
dead and he called me on Alexa from my wife's phone and she was here.
The Dot is on her account. I am not sure how that works. Was the data
path his WiFi to my WiFi over the net to her phone or does Verison not
really use the phone at all, just the number? It does sound like a
cool loophole for an extended family. You could have one phone account
and a lot of dots scattered around. I know he can still call her
phone from Alexa even tho it is the same number.

This stuff is all strange to me. If it fits in your purse, I don't
know **** about it. That's my story and I am sticking to it.