Default Stock Tip: Skyworks Solutions Inc (SWKS)

On Friday, 29 January 2021 at 18:22:48 UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:56:25 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

On Friday, 29 January 2021 at 14:35:05 UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:13:12 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:
On Friday, 29 January 2021 at 12:34:40 UTC-4, Wayne B wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 16:17:13 -0000 (UTC), Justan " wrote:

On 1/29/21 10:36 AM, Wayne B wrote:
Skyworks is on fire this morning after a very strong earnings report.
They are an interesting tech company that make key components for 5G
cell phones among other things. Their strong suit is designing hybrid
chips that do RF (radio frequency) processing as well as digital. I've
owned if for a couple of years now and have done quite well.

My go to guy for sketchy investing advice is Fat Harry. Is your advice more
honest and reliable than his? What am I saying. It couldn't be worse.
===

You pays your money and you take your chances (or not). I've never
recommended an investment that I didn't own myself. 'Airree claims to
not invest in the stock market which seems easy to believe. As for
myself, the stock market has helped me buy 3 houses, a whole bunch of
boats, and put 2 kids through expensive colleges. Can't complain, but
your mileage may vary. :-)

My youngest son dropped in a couple days ago and mentioned that he started Day Trading.
Got a tip and was quite pleased when it's value shot up 71 per cent.
Makes neca bit nervous wondering when someone should bail out and take their profit.
My Mutual Funds and provincial bonds usually earn just a tad over what I take out as an income supplement to my pensions.
(Average around 5 percent per year)
So my modest nest egg grows at a snails pace. Would love to have a rock solid investment that paid closer to 10 percent.
Wife and neighbour never forgave me for downsizing to the RIB
Might need some new money for a comfy boat to cruise around in.
Who or what is 'neca'? Do you know the difference between 'its' and 'it's'? Ask
Harry.

Just go ask a boat dealer for a really good deal. He'll set you up with the best
Bayliner in the world. You can always trust a salesman (and Dr. Phil, of
course).
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Prime example why no one wants to talk boats in here. The John and his turds love to **** all over boating posts.

That was a boating post? All about your 'neca' and son day trading? Maybe you
should read what you posted.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Maybe you should STFU and let real boaters discuss anything related to boating.

wrote:
[...]

My response had as much about boating as your post.

True North Wrote in message:r
[...]

I've seen photos of many of your tiny boats. I wouldn't brag too
loudly about being a real boater, if I were you.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

wrote:
[...]

Donna is barking orders. Isn't that special.

True North wrote:
[...]

Your dirt nap is too soon in the future.Â* Relax and forget about losing
money on boats.Â* Save some cash for the kids - they need beer, eh?

wrote:
[...]

That was a boating post?Â* Tell us more about neca.

wrote:
[...]

You must be including your only friend Harry the deadbeat in that
comment, right?

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:36:38 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

Skyworks is on fire this morning after a very strong earnings report.
They are an interesting tech company that make key components for 5G
cell phones among other things. Their strong suit is designing hybrid
chips that do RF (radio frequency) processing as well as digital. I've
owned if for a couple of years now and have done quite well.

I have been on it with 5 figures since you told me last time.

wrote:

Skyworks is on fire this morning after a very strong earnings report.
They are an interesting tech company that make key components for 5G
cell phones among other things. Their strong suit is designing hybrid
chips that do RF (radio frequency) processing as well as digital. I've
owned if for a couple of years now and have done quite well.

I just looked at my account.
Thanks again buddy, Beer is on me.
I am up 114%, not to shabby. It is still not as good as my trailer
company CVCO (122%).
I just looked and my perineal loser CLNE (T Boone Pickens old company)
is back in the black. I am glad I didn't panic and sell at $2. It is
over $10 and I have $7 in it.
My XOM is even above water again but it was a tough summer.
IBM could be doing better but most of my shares are zero basis so it
is all profit. I probably should wait for a good day and sell it tho.
I guess I just like the dividend checks and I am not ready for the tax
hit.

I see my partner Carl decided not to let them blow up our casino for
charity (the one Trump used to own). Some day I might find out how
much that partnership is worth but again, I like the checks.
It has changed names and owners so often I am not even sure where to
start but I put $10k in it in 1978 or so. At first it was a helluva
tax write off until 86. Then people kept trying to but me out but I
said no. When Ichan bought it I started thinking I made the right
decision. We own lots of stuff.
I do get a giggle when I realize I own more of the Atlantic City Trump
Plaza than Trump. (maybe one doorknob or something) ;-)