Default What's in the Covid Relief Bill

Haven't seen this on CNN.

https://funkyimg.com/i/39z2b.jpg

We definitely need to drain the swamp. Looks like Pelosi had a field day. Does
raising the salary of House members really provide relief to the unemployed?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 7:12:16 AM UTC-6, John H wrote:
Haven't seen this on CNN.

https://funkyimg.com/i/39z2b.jpg

We definitely need to drain the swamp. Looks like Pelosi had a field day. Does
raising the salary of House members really provide relief to the nemployed?
--

Which angle?
I’m watching it and not sure what you mean.

mk5000

That roamed through the young world, the glory extreme
Of high Sesostris, and that southern beam,
The laughing queen that caught the world's great hands.
Then comes a mightier silence, stern and strong,--The Nile. James Leigh Hunt

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 19:37:30 -0800 (PST), marika wrote:

On Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 7:12:16 AM UTC-6, John H wrote:
Haven't seen this on CNN.

https://funkyimg.com/i/39z2b.jpg

We definitely need to drain the swamp. Looks like Pelosi had a field day. Does
raising the salary of House members really provide relief to the nemployed?
--

Which angle?
I’m watching it and not sure what you mean.
is this just for the representatives themselves or is it for staff, additional employees as well? as opposed to a salary increase--

mk5000

That roamed through the young world, the glory extreme
Of high Sesostris, and that southern beam,
The laughing queen that caught the world's great hands.
Then comes a mightier silence, stern and strong,--The Nile. James Leigh Hunt

WTF difference does it make? It's supposed to be a Covid-19 bill. Who does
someone know at Howard University? Does student loan bailouts help the Covid-19
issue?

What bull****.

--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Thursday, December 24, 2020 at 10:21:13 AM UTC-6, John H wrote:
[...]

I dint know why but i do not remember the name of where I read this

It is not covid bill

It is an omnibus bill

there is no connection required between the various subsection

mk5000

and laughing even though the lights
have been turned out. Or about how damn wise
my daughter is at eleven. Or maybe it's the reminder
that none of it stays. That night I fall asleep--I Don't Know What This Poem Is About
JULIA

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 15:17:51 -0800 (PST), marika wrote:

[...]

It's a pork bill.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

marika wrote:
[...]

Then why is Nancy referring to the COVID bill?

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 11:21:12 -0500, John wrote:

[...]

The "raise" was actually in the congressional personal expense
accounts that they get to spend like their own money and it is not
even taxable.
It is buried down in index "I" of H.R.133. That section is about 100
pages long with all sorts of money getting thrown around the capitol
building.

On Thursday, December 24, 2020 at 6:20:10 PM UTC-6, John H wrote:
[...]

I agree

I am a fiscal conservative

Politicians for the last twenty years have been fraudulently calling themselves conservatives. Passing pork, often unfunded, often granting absurd amounts of corporate welfare.

I enjoy reading Jonah Goldberg who often takes such subjects on, and properly criticizes the hypocrisy

I also like him because he is a monarch butterfly dude Cool !

mk5000

The Labour party still really has no idea why their people voted for Brexit.. They still think that basically it's naive Labour voters being conned by terribly clever Tories.

James Cleverly

On Thursday, December 24, 2020 at 6:29:13 PM UTC-6, Bill wrote:
marika wrote:
[...]

my best guess is because when she is talking about the portion of the omnibus that deals with covid, she calls it the covid bill, which is included in the omnibus

And i bet when she talks about other parts of the omnibus, she talks about them referring to them by the correct subsection

plant milkweed this year. This is exactly what Jonah Goldberg would have you do

mk5000

People say to me, 'Are you still excited when you go on tour?' Should I be excited about leaving my family? No, and no one should. It's as simple as that. If you put aside the fantasy of it, it is what it is and has to be done. And that's fine, and I pour my entire energy and enthusiasm into it, but of course, I'm of two minds about the whole idea.

Neil Peart

On Thursday, December 24, 2020 at 6:51:09 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

I am bothered by this. But somehow the fiscal conservative Republican party voted for it. vote such hypocrites out

hope you have a peaceful Christmas and no ice storm

mk5000

I have no idea how to get in touch with anyone anymore. Everyone, it seems, has a home phone, a cell phone, a regular e-mail account, a Facebook account, a Twitter account, and a Web site. Some of them also have a Google Voice number. There are the sentimental few who still have fax machines.

Susan Orlean

Relief, followed by guilt John H.[_5_] General 0 December 20th 13 11:06 PM
What a relief jps General 24 October 16th 09 06:23 AM
Alaska Senator Stops EPA Permit Relief Bill - 07/02/2008 claus Cruising 13 July 5th 08 02:07 AM
Some hurricane relief [email protected] General 2 September 3rd 05 09:07 PM
Hurricane relief [email protected] General 0 September 1st 05 11:38 PM