Default Relief, followed by guilt

So yesterday I'm watching when NBC shows the photos and gives the names of the six Americans (not
'Merikans', assholes!) killed in Afghanistan. I see the pictures and feel a great sense of relief
that my son-in-law is not among those killed. One of those killed was 'home based' in Vilseck,
Germany. Unless times have changed, that is the home of the SOF folks in Germany. Given that SIL is
working with SOF as an intel guy, he could well have been on that chopper.

After the sense of relief, I realize that those killed are still children, husbands, fathers, etc,
of others. That brought about the guilt, that I was feeling good that SIL wasn't one of those
killed. I'm not about to tell my daughter that Vilseck is the home of the SOF in Germany. She
worries enough.

Anyway, I wish the arrogant, but decent and kind, asshole running the country would get us out of
there.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

What a relief jps General 24 October 16th 09 06:23 AM
Is Obama benefiting from white guilt? Charles Momsen ASA 1 September 30th 08 06:17 PM
OT--Hurricane relief done right NOYB General 26 November 3rd 05 02:07 AM
Some hurricane relief [email protected] General 2 September 3rd 05 09:07 PM
Relief Effort? Skip Gundlach Cruising 4 August 23rd 04 03:54 AM