Default 4 stroke compared to the high thrust 4 stroke

can anyone tell me the difference?

On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

The "high thrust" motors typically have larger lower units, higher gear
ratios, and different props than "standard" outboards , but I believe
the powerheads are the same in both types.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

On Saturday, 14 November 2020 at 23:10:58 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

The "high thrust" motors typically have larger lower units, higher gear
ratios, and different props than "standard" outboards , but I believe
the powerheads are the same in both types.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

Yes, that was the case with the Mercury 60 Big Foot that came with the 16 and a half foot Legend bow rider I owned a few years ago. They claimed it had the same lower end as the 90 and had a special larger high thrust propeller. I believe it was originally popular for pontoon boats.

True North wrote:
On Saturday, 14 November 2020 at 23:10:58 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

The "high thrust" motors typically have larger lower units, higher gear
ratios, and different props than "standard" outboards , but I believe
the powerheads are the same in both types.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

Yes, that was the case with the Mercury 60 Big Foot that came with the 16 and a half foot Legend bow rider I owned a few years ago. They claimed it had the same lower end as the 90 and had a special larger high thrust propeller. I believe it was originally popular for pontoon boats.

"They claimed"?Â* That's hilarious!Â* Only you buy boats on a salesman's
word and look what that got you.Â* The reason they are popular for
pontoon boats is that they can move a heavier load, at slow speed, more
efficiently.Â* They were never designed for the hull style, and weight,
of the POS Legend you wasted your money on.Â* They probably had a Bigfoot
laying around at the dealership and sold it to the first dip**** to walk
in.Â* That salesman probably got a nice commission for unloading that
from their inventory.

"Jorge"

On Sunday, 15 November 2020 at 00:07:04 UTC-4, Alex wrote:
True North wrote:
On Saturday, 14 November 2020 at 23:10:58 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

The "high thrust" motors typically have larger lower units, higher gear
ratios, and different props than "standard" outboards , but I believe
the powerheads are the same in both types.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

Yes, that was the case with the Mercury 60 Big Foot that came with the 16 and a half foot Legend bow rider I owned a few years ago. They claimed it had the same lower end as the 90 and had a special larger high thrust propeller. I believe it was originally popular for pontoon boats.

"They claimed"? That's hilarious! Only you buy boats on a salesman's
word and look what that got you. The reason they are popular for
pontoon boats is that they can move a heavier load, at slow speed, more
efficiently. They were never designed for the hull style, and weight,
of the POS Legend you wasted your money on. They probably had a Bigfoot
laying around at the dealership and sold it to the first dip**** to walk
in. That salesman probably got a nice commission for unloading that
from their inventory.

"Jorge"

Boy...y'all are getting more ditzy by the day.
The boat manufacturer offered the 60 Big foot as an upgrade from the base 40 hp outboard.
Y'all should keep your pie hole shut unless you know what you're blathering about.

True North wrote:
[...]

Interesting that some newbie asks a reasonable question here and a
couple of the reigning assholes, of which "Alex" is a ranking member,
immediately turn it into trash.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

Thrust

On 11/15/20 8:44 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

Thrust

Ahh, yes...the very quality all the women in your life said you lacked.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

On 11/14/20 10:44 PM, True North wrote:
On Saturday, 14 November 2020 at 23:10:58 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

The "high thrust" motors typically have larger lower units, higher gear
ratios, and different props than "standard" outboards , but I believe
the powerheads are the same in both types.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

Yes, that was the case with the Mercury 60 Big Foot that came with the 16 and a half foot Legend bow rider I owned a few years ago. They claimed it had the same lower end as the 90 and had a special larger high thrust propeller. I believe it was originally popular for pontoon boats.

Thats an odd combination for typical mono hull pleasure boats. Ski boats
might be the exception. Did you do a lot of water skilng pulling large
people?

On 11/14/20 11:06 PM, Alex wrote:
True North wrote:
[...]

Our little Kanuckian friend never heads the good advice we gave him. The one
exception was when we shamed him out of buying a powered tongue wheel to
push his little boat around his yard.