Default 4 stroke compared to the high thrust 4 stroke

On 11/15/20 7:38 AM, True North wrote:
On Sunday, 15 November 2020 at 00:07:04 UTC-4, Alex wrote:
True North wrote:
On Saturday, 14 November 2020 at 23:10:58 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

The "high thrust" motors typically have larger lower units, higher gear
ratios, and different props than "standard" outboards , but I believe
the powerheads are the same in both types.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

Yes, that was the case with the Mercury 60 Big Foot that came with the 16 and a half foot Legend bow rider I owned a few years ago. They claimed it had the same lower end as the 90 and had a special larger high thrust propeller. I believe it was originally popular for pontoon boats.

"They claimed"? That's hilarious! Only you buy boats on a salesman's
word and look what that got you. The reason they are popular for
pontoon boats is that they can move a heavier load, at slow speed, more
efficiently. They were never designed for the hull style, and weight,
of the POS Legend you wasted your money on. They probably had a Bigfoot
laying around at the dealership and sold it to the first dip**** to walk
in. That salesman probably got a nice commission for unloading that
from their inventory.

"Jorge"

Boy...y'all are getting more ditzy by the day.
The boat manufacturer offered the 60 Big foot as an upgrade from the base 40 hp outboard.
Y'all should keep your pie hole shut unless you know what you're blathering about.

Jorge does know what he is talking about. You probably got an unbelievable
deal to take that mistake off Legends hands.

True North wrote:
[...]

Interesting that some newbie asks a reasonable question here and a
couple of the reigning assholes, of which "Alex" is a ranking member,
immediately turn it into trash.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

Oh goodie. Now I get to name you as a thread trasher next time you step on a
thread with your political bull****

On 11/15/20 8:48 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/15/20 8:44 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

Thrust

Ahh, yes...the very quality all the women in your life said you lacked.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

I'm surprised your little woman hasn't lopped off your thruster. I'm sure
she tired early of a 350 pound gorilla thrusting at her delicate little
****.

On 11/15/20 9:03 AM, Justan O. wrote:
[...]

Alex is the dweeb who allegedly pays full price or more for
non-collectible, run of the mill firearms, and usually not even the best
of their kind.
--
*Lock Trump Up!*

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/15/20 8:44 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

Thrust

Ahh, yes...the very quality all the women in your life said you lacked.

You seem to still be stuck in angst of your teen years.

On 11/15/20 12:44 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/15/20 8:44 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

Thrust

Ahh, yes...the very quality all the women in your life said you lacked.

You seem to still be stuck in angst of your teen years.

Bilious, I don't give the uninformed opinions of Trumpsters any mind. I
had a pretty angst-free teenagehood, to coin a word.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

True North wrote:
[...]

A 60 hp would be an upgrade if in a standard motor. The Big Foot and my
Yamaha T-8 high thrust are for displacement hulls. My T-8 has the lower
end of a 25 horse for the strength and a lower gear ratio, and a larger
propeller. Moves lots of water, but at a slower speed. Would figure the
same for the Big Foot. Designed for displacement hulls.
My T-8 has a 11.75†diameter 5 pitch propeller as opposed to a standard 8
hp of 8.5†and 9.75 pitch. Will move my boat a max of about 6 mph, which
is hull speed, and will troll at less than 1 mph at idle. When I used my
Mariner 15hp 2 stroke as a kicker, I could get about 4 mph max and a lot of
churned up water. Would troll, but at a higher rpm.

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/15/20 12:44 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/15/20 8:44 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

Thrust

Ahh, yes...the very quality all the women in your life said you lacked.

You seem to still be stuck in angst of your teen years.

Bilious, I don't give the uninformed opinions of Trumpsters any mind. I
had a pretty angst-free teenagehood, to coin a word.

You seem to be sexually frustrated, as you seem to bring it up all the time
in unrelated threads.

On 11/15/20 1:03 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/15/20 12:44 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/15/20 8:44 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

Thrust

Ahh, yes...the very quality all the women in your life said you lacked.

You seem to still be stuck in angst of your teen years.

Bilious, I don't give the uninformed opinions of Trumpsters any mind. I
had a pretty angst-free teenagehood, to coin a word.

You seem to be sexually frustrated, as you seem to bring it up all the time
in unrelated threads.

An angst free teenage hood. He'd have to be on drugs to pull that off.

On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 14:15:02 -0000 (UTC), "Justan O." wrote:

On 11/15/20 8:48 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/15/20 8:44 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

Thrust

Ahh, yes...the very quality all the women in your life said you lacked.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

I'm surprised your little woman hasn't lopped off your thruster. I'm sure
she tired early of a 350 pound gorilla thrusting at her delicate little
****.

LOL!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!