Alex[_23_] Alex[_23_] is offline

Default 4 stroke compared to the high thrust 4 stroke

True North wrote:
On Saturday, 14 November 2020 at 23:10:58 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/14/20 9:53 PM, gary hess wrote:
can anyone tell me the difference?

The "high thrust" motors typically have larger lower units, higher gear
ratios, and different props than "standard" outboards , but I believe
the powerheads are the same in both types.

--
*Lock Trump Up!*

Yes, that was the case with the Mercury 60 Big Foot that came with the 16 and a half foot Legend bow rider I owned a few years ago. They claimed it had the same lower end as the 90 and had a special larger high thrust propeller. I believe it was originally popular for pontoon boats.

"They claimed"?Â* That's hilarious!Â* Only you buy boats on a salesman's
word and look what that got you.Â* The reason they are popular for
pontoon boats is that they can move a heavier load, at slow speed, more
efficiently.Â* They were never designed for the hull style, and weight,
of the POS Legend you wasted your money on.Â* They probably had a Bigfoot
laying around at the dealership and sold it to the first dip**** to walk
in.Â* That salesman probably got a nice commission for unloading that
from their inventory.

"Jorge"