Default Bank absurdity

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 4/20/20 6:52 PM, wrote: On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:57:38 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote: On 4/20/2020 3:21 PM, wrote: I went to the bank and the teller line is closed, you have to use the drive through so instead of being able to do a social distanced transaction at the counter they want me to bring a virus infected document carrier into my car, handle it on my lap and add whatever viruses I might have. Then you send it back into the bank to infect the teller and then out to the next victim. I kept driving. These people have lost their minds. At my bank they have a sign requesting that any transactions under $10,000 be done at the drive through. They are not necessarily trying to protect you. They are trying to protect their employees. They deal with many different customers all day long. You only had to deal with them once. That document carrier sees all of the customers. Mrs.E. and I had to get something notarized this morning. We all wore gloves and masks. Kinda felt funny walking into a bank with a mask on though. :-) A lot of banks and liquor stores wouldn't let you in with a mask or even hats and sunglasses. They look at the robbery videos too. Up here they have signs on their doors saying no admission without a mask.-- MAGA - Manipulating America's Gullible Assholes

They should have signs saying "Fat Harry Keep out unless you are
making a payment"
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On 4/20/2020 6:52 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:57:38 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/20/2020 3:21 PM,
wrote:

[...]

I don't know about a "lot of banks". All I know is that at the bank we
visited this morning all the tellers, all the staff and all the
customers were wearing masks and gloves and the floors had six foot
markers in tape for "social distancing".

But you are correct. Under normal circumstances they prefer that you
remove ball caps and sunglasses.

https://www.avg.com

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 18:55:52 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 4/20/20 6:52 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:57:38 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/20/2020 3:21 PM,
wrote:

[...]

Those boys had masks in their pockets last year.

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 19:17:35 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/20/2020 6:52 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:57:38 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/20/2020 3:21 PM,
wrote:

[...]

They seemed to solve the problem. You have to rob them at the drive
through.

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 19:03:42 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

[...]

You reckon these guys had the sign?

Mariner Finance, LLC vs. Harry Krause
--

Freedom Isn't Free!
B B is offline

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:59:37 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/20/2020 3:36 PM, John wrote:

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 15:21:26 -0400,
wrote:

I went to the bank and the teller line is closed, you have to use the
drive through so instead of being able to do a social distanced
transaction at the counter they want me to bring a virus infected
document carrier into my car, handle it on my lap and add whatever
viruses I might have. Then you send it back into the bank to infect
the teller and then out to the next victim.
I kept driving.

These people have lost their minds.

Use your computer. It's much more convenient and won't spread the virus. Just
don't lick your monitor!

But then Greg would probably have to upgrade from his 1200 Baud dial-up
modem.

:-)

The strange thing is, if you turned off graphics in your browser, it
should run pretty fast. ATMs ran on 2400 BPS modems and the lag was
processing, not data transmission. I have spent way more time than I
like to think about looking at ATM data streams. The bank loop wasn't
particularly fast either and it was handling a bunch of teller
stations. Banking is basically text until you start sending check
images.

If I am just doing this usenet stuff, it is hard to tell if I am on
dial up or broadband.

Don't you remember Stand-In transacitons when the back end computers
were not as fast as they are now?

wrote:

On 4/20/2020 3:36 PM, John wrote:

[...]

Are you talking about "no host"?
B B is offline

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Where the ATM can't communicate with the bank of the card holder and
they limit the transaction to $100, the maximum they want to lose if the
card is bad.

Absurdity upon absurdity F.O.A.D. General 13 July 1st 13 04:27 PM
US Fed Bank Fraud Canuck57[_9_] General 44 August 9th 11 01:09 AM
letter to my bank CalifBill General 0 March 16th 09 05:19 AM
Bank loans Eisboch General 60 December 14th 08 02:42 AM