Default boating saturday!

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 15:02:19 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 18:57:21 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 00:18:16 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Not my boat, but interesting cruise. Fleet week in San Francisco. Going
out on the Jeremiah Obrien to watch the air show. I always wonder if my
dad worked on this ship. He was a machinist at the Kaiser Richmond yards.
One of only two unaltered Liberty ships.

Hope it was a blast!

Was a beautiful day on the bay. Little wind, sunny. The kids on the boat
had a blast running the bow ack-ack gun. Good show by the fliers. F35
flyby. Unfortunately we are building F35 type planes instead of a modern
A10 with ground pounding guns for soft targets.

I'm with you on the A-10s. They put on a demo for us with live ammunition on the Ft. Sill (Artillery
Center) firing range when I was in school there. Unreal airplane.

I think it is a huge mistake getting rid of the A-10 as long as we
plan on waging the stupid wars like Afghanistan and Iraq/Syria.
This is the premier ground support system ... ever.

I do wonder how the peace loving democrats are going to deal with
ANOTHER president escalating a war when they get rid of Trump. Will we
have demonstrations?
The chants write themselves.
"Hey Hey you Kamela, why the **** did you kill my fella?
"Glory glory look at Corey, how many kids did you bring home gory"?

The strange thing is as soon as a democrat got in the white house last
time, Code Pink went to sleep, in spite of doubling down in
Afghanistan, so maybe they aren't the peace loving tribe they used to
be. They are just partisan hacks.

John H. wrote:
On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 00:18:16 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Not my boat, but interesting cruise. Fleet week in San Francisco. Going
out on the Jeremiah Obrien to watch the air show. I always wonder if my
dad worked on this ship. He was a machinist at the Kaiser Richmond yards.
One of only two unaltered Liberty ships.

Hope it was a blast!

Was a beautiful day on the bay. Little wind, sunny. The kids on the boat
had a blast running the bow ack-ack gun. Good show by the fliers. F35
flyby. Unfortunately we are building F35 type planes instead of a modern
A10 with ground pounding guns for soft targets.

I'm with you on the A-10s. They put on a demo for us with live ammunition
on the Ft. Sill (Artillery
Center) firing range when I was in school there. Unreal airplane.

Problem is it is designed as a tank killer. We need low and slow that will
survive attacking ground troops. Men’s different guns. 50’s or 30 cal.
Gatling Guns.

John H. wrote:
[...]

That 30MM can use other ammo and be quite effective against guys on
camels or riding in a pickup truck. There is some new air burst ammo
that will spray the ground with nasty bits of metal or set your ass on
fire. They also have the ability to put mini gun pods under the wings
and shoot 7.62x51 or maybe even 5.56 (I am not sure what pods are
available). They can use AP bombs, hellfire missiles or rockets along
with side winders if the bad guys have "air".. The idea of a low and
slow aircraft that has a long loiter time is pretty important to
supporting ground troops. If an armored vehicle is getting a little
frisky, that 30MM shooting AP will spoil his day.
I hope they store these in a way that we can fire them up again if we
need them.

John H. wrote:
[...]

Looks like it may be around for a while.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/y...il-late-2030s/

John H. wrote:
[...]

Good deal. This is too good a platform to throw away.

Saturday Shooting... Keyser Söze General 16 April 19th 16 02:46 AM
Saturday Humor John H[_2_] General 0 March 6th 10 07:22 PM
Boating Saturday? Bill McKee General 10 January 1st 06 12:35 AM
Wow what a Saturday!!! larry flint a.k.a lawrence stone ASA 10 October 28th 03 03:04 AM
Saturday Pony Express ASA 6 August 25th 03 05:22 PM