Bill McKee

Default Boating Saturday?

San Francisco report

SAT
S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 50 KT...
DECREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 16 TO 19
FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 13 SECONDS. RAIN AND A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS.

Bryan

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...
San Francisco report

SAT
S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 50 KT...
DECREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 16 TO 19
FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 13 SECONDS. RAIN AND A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS.

What do you say, Bill, should we venture out? I'm sure my 18 foot runabout
can handle it. And I got my new handheld VHF so I can call the USCG when
I've had enough.
Bryan
Sea Ray 185

Bill McKee

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...
San Francisco report

SAT
S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 50 KT...
DECREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 16 TO 19
FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 13 SECONDS. RAIN AND A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS.

What do you say, Bill, should we venture out? I'm sure my 18 foot
runabout can handle it. And I got my new handheld VHF so I can call the
USCG when I've had enough.
Bryan
Sea Ray 185

Nope, I am going to Alamo for a crab feed New Years party! Where in the Bay
Area, or NorCal are you located?

Bryan

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...
San Francisco report

SAT
S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 50 KT...
DECREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 16 TO 19
FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 13 SECONDS. RAIN AND A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS.

What do you say, Bill, should we venture out? I'm sure my 18 foot
runabout can handle it. And I got my new handheld VHF so I can call the
USCG when I've had enough.
Bryan
Sea Ray 185

Nope, I am going to Alamo for a crab feed New Years party! Where in the
Bay Area, or NorCal are you located?

Near Santa Rosa.
That makes my primary runabout territory Lake Sonoma and Clear Lake.
I want to take a spin on the bay down the Petaluma River to Angel island
which is why I bought the handheld VHF; it didn't seem right to be on the
bay with just a cell phone. Of course I'll wait for ideal conditions.
It'll be my first step toward taking my little boat to Catalina this summer.
I figure I'll get a little bay experience in my runabout before trying the
Catalina trip. I've sailed the bay and made the trip to Catalina plenty of
times, but it's all been sailing in boats I wouldn't hesistate to sail
coastal or near coastal; never a little powerboat.

Bryan
Sea Ray 185

JohnH

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 06:15:53 GMT, "Bill McKee" wrote:

San Francisco report

SAT
S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 50 KT...
DECREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 16 TO 19
FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 13 SECONDS. RAIN AND A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS.

Proline weather!

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Bill McKee

wrote:

San Francisco report

SAT
S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 50 KT...
DECREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 16 TO 19
FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 13 SECONDS. RAIN AND A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS.

Proline weather!

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to
resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Are Prolines normally bought by suicidal people?

Bill McKee

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
[...]

Seeing the news on KRON, you could go boating in downtown Napa today.
Seeing the Wine Train terminal, we have reservations on the 20th for our
anniversary. Wonder if it will be running?

Bryan

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
[...]

That's 20 days to clean up the muck and get things back on track. Not that
it's going to stop raining anytime soon, but maybe the flood threat will
subside.
My son just showed me the Reno news; apparently Reno flooded today. And
CalTrans says 80 west is closed at Fairfield due to flooding.
Is it time to buy an inflatable with an outboard?

Bryan

Bill McKee

"Bryan" wrote in message
m...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
[...]

My boat only draws 7" at speed.

JohnH

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:15:43 GMT, "Bill McKee" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

San Francisco report

SAT
S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 50 KT...
DECREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 16 TO 19
FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 13 SECONDS. RAIN AND A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS.

Proline weather!

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to
resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Are Prolines normally bought by suicidal people?

LOL!

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Could have a new boat by Saturday NOYB General 30 November 18th 05 12:18 AM
Safest Year on Record......... [email protected] General 1 November 12th 05 01:11 PM
Boating Group ed General 10 November 8th 05 05:24 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM