Default Quarterly generator run

Put in about three quarters a tank of fresh high test mixed with Stabil. Running now with a load on it until it stops.
Disappointed it took about 7 or 8 pulls to start. Sounds like the older models start up on the 2nd pull.
Tim Tim is offline

True North
Put in about three quarters a tank of fresh high test mixed with Stabil. Running now with a load on it until it stops.
Disappointed it took about 7 or 8 pulls to start. Sounds like the older models start up on the 2nd pull.

Today’s fuels stake out so easily. I put gas in my tractor about 3 months ago (cheap 87) and it takes a bit to get it running in this weather.. If I put really fresh hi octane in it, it’d help.

I’ll peobably do that after I blade my lane and get the tank down about 1/2-3/4 used up. That oughta help a bit.

Good point Tim.
Not a lot of vehicles use high test today. Who knows how fresh it is in the big tanks. Maybe I'll ignore the dealers advice and use Stabil treated low octane.
Tim Tim is offline

2:14 PMTrue North
Good point Tim.
Not a lot of vehicles use high test today. Who knows how fresh it is in the big tanks. Maybe I'll ignore the dealers advice and use Stabil treated low octane.

I’m not saying it’s bad or worthless, but I think that stabil, just keeps the gas from rotting as fast and depositing junk in the fuel system. Don’t know one way or another, but my dad would always mix a bit of 2-cycle or Marvel Mystery oil to his lawnmower gas before he parked it for the winter.

On 2/12/19 3:19 PM, Tim wrote:

2:14 PMTrue North
Good point Tim.
Not a lot of vehicles use high test today. Who knows how fresh it is in the big tanks. Maybe I'll ignore the dealers advice and use Stabil treated low octane.

I’m not saying it’s bad or worthless, but I think that stabil, just keeps the gas from rotting as fast and depositing junk in the fuel system. Don’t know one way or another, but my dad would always mix a bit of 2-cycle or Marvel Mystery oil to his lawnmower gas before he parked it for the winter.

My generator runs for 10 minutes every week, and it uses propane, which
does not deteriorate like gasoline.

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 3:14:48 PM UTC-5, True North wrote:
Good point Tim.
Not a lot of vehicles use high test today. Who knows how fresh it is in the big tanks. Maybe I'll ignore the dealers advice and use Stabil treated low octane.

The last 6 vehicles we've had all required "high test" (91 or better).

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:26:33 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/12/19 3:19 PM, Tim wrote:

2:14 PMTrue North
Good point Tim.
Not a lot of vehicles use high test today. Who knows how fresh it is in the big tanks. Maybe I'll ignore the dealers advice and use Stabil treated low octane.

I’m not saying it’s bad or worthless, but I think that stabil, just keeps the gas from rotting as fast and depositing junk in the fuel system. Don’t know one way or another, but my dad would always mix a bit of 2-cycle or Marvel Mystery oil to his lawnmower gas before he parked it for the winter.

My generator runs for 10 minutes every week, and it uses propane, which
does not deteriorate like gasoline.

But no one was discussing your generator.

John H

On 2/12/19 3:19 PM, Tim wrote:

2:14 PMTrue North
Good point Tim.
Not a lot of vehicles use high test today. Who knows how fresh it is in the big tanks. Maybe I'll ignore the dealers advice and use Stabil treated low octane.

I’m not saying it’s bad or worthless, but I think that stabil, just keeps the gas from rotting as fast and depositing junk in the fuel system. Don’t know one way or another, but my dad would always mix a bit of 2-cycle or Marvel Mystery oil to his lawnmower gas before he parked it for the winter.

My generator runs for 10 minutes every week, and it uses propane, which
does not deteriorate like gasoline.

"But no one was discussing your generator."

And there y'all go again. Never missing a chance to ruin a pleasant conversation.
What the 'ell is wrong with y'all?

John H

On 2/12/19 3:19 PM, Tim wrote:

2:14 PMTrue North
Good point Tim.
Not a lot of vehicles use high test today. Who knows how fresh it is in the big tanks. Maybe I'll ignore the dealers advice and use Stabil treated low octane.

I’m not saying it’s bad or worthless, but I think that stabil, just keeps the gas from rotting as fast and depositing junk in the fuel system. Don’t know one way or another, but my dad would always mix a bit of 2-cycle or Marvel Mystery oil to his lawnmower gas before he parked it for the winter.

My generator runs for 10 minutes every week, and it uses propane, which
does not deteriorate like gasoline.

"But no one was discussing your generator."

And there y'all go again. Never missing a chance to ruin a pleasant conversation.
What the 'ell is wrong with y'all?

Did that ruin it for you? Poor guy.

On 2/12/19 3:19 PM, Tim wrote:

2:14 PMTrue North
Good point Tim.
Not a lot of vehicles use high test today. Who knows how fresh it is in the big tanks. Maybe I'll ignore the dealers advice and use Stabil treated low octane.

I’m not saying it’s bad or worthless, but I think that stabil, just keeps the gas from rotting as fast and depositing junk in the fuel system. Don’t know one way or another, but my dad would always mix a bit of 2-cycle or Marvel Mystery oil to his lawnmower gas before he parked it for the winter.

My generator runs for 10 minutes every week, and it uses propane, which
does not deteriorate like gasoline.

But no one was discussing your generator.

===

Or propane.

Of course those are the advantages of propane generators: No
deterioration of fuel over time, and the second being no carburetor
clogging.

---
https://www.avg.com

Nautical Quarterly Price? [email protected] General 0 August 31st 13 06:03 PM
Generator GuzzisRule General 537 January 6th 13 04:38 AM
New Generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 77 July 3rd 11 03:34 PM
MOMA Spring Quarterly 1989 Bob Crantz ASA 1 January 26th 06 10:21 PM
WTB in FL Generator Frank Electronics 0 March 11th 04 12:01 AM