Default Quarterly generator run

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:06:54 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 18:14:43 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 03:57:49 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

True North wrote:
Put in about three quarters a tank of fresh high test mixed with Stabil.
Running now with a load on it until it stops.
Disappointed it took about 7 or 8 pulls to start. Sounds like the older
models start up on the 2nd pull.

My Yamaha would hardly start last year. Had to dip the carb, to remove all
the gunk from stale gas. And had not been that long since it was run.

How did you 'dip the carb'? One of these?

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-lit...ner-63256.html

I've got a chain saw that has been sitting for a few years.

https://www.amazon.com/Berryman-Prod...a-714363490952

There are cheaper sources. I think I got the last can at Walmart.com.

It is best if you know a guy with a "Hot Tank". Alas the last time I
knew one of those guys was in Maryland. That may be becoming more rare
as carburetors are tending to disappear.
Whatever they had in those tanks would take a gnarly old carb and make
it look brand new. It boiled out everything. A quick shot of air in
all the holes and a kit and it would be as good as new.
Without that I have never had much luck with carbs.
I am real happy I don't have that many in my life anymore and that you
can buy a new one for about what a kit costs. I think it was about
$25-30 for my pressure cleaner and that included a shut off valve that
the original didn't have, a filter and hoses.

You have to watch out on those boil out tanks. They will eat aluminum.

The jets are brass and the aluminum parts shine.

True North wrote:
[...]

When I was in high school, friend who built drag cars and ran an auto parts
store, tossed a set of racing aluminum pistons in the tank. Quickly
retrieved them when they started bubbling.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:46:30 -0000 (UTC), Bill

True North wrote:
[...]

That is why they are carb tanks, All of the critical stuff is brass.
Eat a thousandth of a Carb body off you haven't lost much but if that
is a piston it is trash.

Justan Ohlphart wrote:
John H. Wrote in message:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 18:14:43 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:John H.
wrote: On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 03:57:49 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote: True North
wrote: Put in about three quarters a tank
of fresh high test mixed with Stabil. Running now with a load on it
until it stops. Disappointed it took about 7 or 8 pulls to start.
Sounds like the older models start up on the 2nd pull.
My Yamaha would hardly start last year. Had to dip the carb, to remove
all the gunk from stale gas. And had not been that long since it was
run. How did you 'dip the carb'? One of these?
https://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-63256.html
I've got a chain saw that has been sitting for a few years.
https://www.amazon.com/Berryman-Products-996-Chem-Dip-Carburetor/dp/B00DSMEL2A/ref=asc_df_B00DSMEL2A/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312176482001&hvpos=1o1&hvne tw=g&hvrand=14233139569245495386&hvpone=&hvptwo=&h vqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032762 &hvtargid=pla-714363490952&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=68995954464&h vpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312176482001&hvpos=1o1&hvnet w=g&hvrand=14233139569245495386&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvd vcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032762&hvtargid=pla-714363490952There
are cheaper sources. I think I got the last can at Walmart.com.I'm
thinking about one of
these:https://smile.amazon.com/Magnasonic-...ustomerReviews

Read the negative reviews.

May not be as good as the Chem-dip of 50 years ago. That stuff would
eventually eat the metal can. But works on bunked up Yamaha carb.

Nautical Quarterly Price? [email protected] General 0 August 31st 13 06:03 PM
Generator GuzzisRule General 537 January 6th 13 03:38 AM
New Generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 77 July 3rd 11 03:34 PM
MOMA Spring Quarterly 1989 Bob Crantz ASA 1 January 26th 06 09:21 PM
WTB in FL Generator Frank Electronics 0 March 10th 04 11:01 PM