Default For lovers of sweet potatoes

On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 14:37:03 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 13:30:04 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 12:57:06 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 6/2/18 12:51 PM, justan wrote:
John H. Wrote in message:
On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 09:12:58 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 6/2/18 9:05 AM, Tim wrote:
Chicken Cacciatore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xTeJ0AsVSc

Got one for Christmas. Used it once. Big pain in the butt. Hasn't been looked at since.

I wouldn't know what to do with it if I had one.

I use my "Instant Pot" at least once and usually twice a week. Makes all
sorts of healthy meals easily and quickly, but I expect healthy food has
little appeal to you and your beouf-hounds here.

Healthy food can be made in any pot. Instant Pots are a PITA and don't save much time anyway.

That just looks like another thing you use a few times and then have
to look for a place to store until you can put it in a garage sale.

Like I said, I've used it once and don't even know where it is now. Maybe in the garage somewhere.
Tim Tim is offline

On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 13:30:04 -0400, John H.
That just looks like another thing you use a few times and then have
to look for a place to store until you can put it in a garage sale.

Yes, like my wife’s automatic rice steamer. And her bread makers. Kitchen klutter.

On Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 3:50:10 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 13:30:04 -0400, John H.
That just looks like another thing you use a few times and then have
to look for a place to store until you can put it in a garage sale.

Yes, like my wife’s automatic rice steamer. And her bread makers. Kitchen klutter.

I have to admit we bought an air fryer, and have actually used it more than once. It's done a good job on everything we've tried so far. Not interested in a (not so) instant pot.

We're doing a complete kitchen remodel starting in a couple of weeks. Demo down to sheetrock and subfloors, all new custom cabinets, granite, appliances, new prep sink in island (where one has never existed), new hardwoods, etc. The kitchen will be down for at least 8 weeks.

The wife was nervous about about how to survive. We have a heated and cooled utility room with a mud room sink in it downstairs off the garage. Countertop and shelves beside the sink, and refrigerator w/ice maker and deep freeze also in the room. That's food storage and prep, pots/pans and utensil cleanup and storage.

Have a gas grill with side burner, pellet grill (smoker/wood fired convection oven), coleman 2 burner LP camp stove, evil Santa gift electric griddle still in the box, air fryer, toaster oven, and microwave.

It will be an adventure, but I think we'll make it.

On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 14:09:13 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

[...]

My daughter bought an air fryer. Did their Christmas turkey in it and said it was better than my
turkey (smoked or rotisseried). Maybe it'd be worthwhile, but I like mine pretty well.

Sounds like you're good to go with the remodel. Ours was down for quite a while with the water
damage repair. Basically did the same thing you're going to do.

On Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 5:31:28 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
[...]

Ah, sounds like your daughter has an oiless turkey fryer. I think they use infrared heat to "fry" a whole turkey.

The air fryer is a much smaller countertop thing that holds maybe 8-10 chicken wings, two servings of fries, broccoli, etc. Most anything you would roast or fry. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Fryer-Cozyna-airfryer-cookbooks-recipes/dp/B00VAOVHN4/ref=sr_1_11?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1527978031&sr=1-11&keywords=air+fryer

That's just the first one I saw. They range from about $50-300. A basket with fan-forced hot air.

https://www.amazon.com/Fryer-Cozyna-airfryer-cookbooks-recipes/dp/B00VAOVHN4/ref=sr_1_11?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid27978031&sr=1-11&keywords=air+fryer

That's just the first one I saw. They range from about $50-300. A
basket with fan-forced hot air.

The Mexican roofer that did our house repair, said he loved his air fryer.
Allowed him to,lose weight, as the frys, etc, did not have all the grease.

wrote:

[...]

When we tore up the indoor kitchen we had our oven on a furniture
dolly out in the screen cage for about a month running on an extension
cord, until I got the country kitchen done outside. The oven has not
been inside since then. I lived on the gas grill and side burner until
I got a cook top installed inside. I was using a temporary plywood
counter until the metal fabricator got done with that stainless
counter top where the sink and cook top sit. I already had my cabinets
on site so most of the kitchen went pretty fast. The plumbing did not
change much but there was fairly extensive electrical, getting me
plenty of circuits and receptacles serving the counter tops.

wrote:

[...]

Our contractor did not start ripping, until the cabinets were in the
garage, and the appliances were at the stores warehouse. We have a really
nice wet bar in a family room, so we had a sinks, and an electric skillet
on the bar top. Plus a bbq and side burner. We were only down about 3
weeks, a few days of that was waiting for the city inspectors,

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I'm questioning the time frame a bit, but we have a few more moving parts. The cabinets are being built before the demo starts and the appliances are already ordered, but we also have the flooring guys that have to do demo on the tile after the cabinet/general guys do their demo thing, then the cabinet guys have to have everything roughed in for the granite guy to take his measurements, then the cabinet/granite/tile/electrical/plumbing guys have to have all their stuff completely done for the floor guys to even start to lay hardwood (finished in place to match the rest of the hardwood), then the appliance guys to install while the stair guy installs new wrought iron balusters. Plus cleanup and inspections.

Three weeks ain't gonna cut it.

On Friday, June 1, 2018 at 5:36:27 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
This is really pretty good.

Cajun Baked Sweet Potato
" 1 tablespoon paprika
" 1 teaspoon brown sugar
" 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
" 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
" 1/2 teaspoon thyme
" 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
" 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
" 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
" 1 large sweet potato
" 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the paprika, brown sugar, black pepper, onion powder, thyme,
rosemary, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise; rub the
halves with olive oil, and then spread the seasoning mix over the open half of each potato. (I use a
butter knife.)
Bake for 45minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
[Note: Simply multiply the recipe for more than one potato.]

Here's *the* recipe for sweet potatoes. Had it at the Mesa Grill in Vegas, Bobby Flay's restaurant. Awesome.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/smoked-chile-scalloped-sweet-potatoes-recipe-1945789

Sweet Potatoes John H.[_5_] General 4 March 19th 18 10:34 PM
Red Potatoes [email protected] General 10 November 11th 16 07:14 PM
Cajun Sweet Potatoes Poquito Loco General 18 April 3rd 14 11:18 AM
For dog lovers and automation lovers... X ` Man[_3_] General 0 July 24th 12 12:36 AM
Dog lovers.. Don White General 1 January 30th 07 06:26 AM