Default Red Potatoes

Not republican potatoes, just those little red ones. ;-)
I have been doing them with herbs and garlic lately and they are
pretty good
Cut 10-12 in half. Place them cut side down in a frying pan and cover
about 3/4s of them with water. Add a chunk of butter, a couple cloves
of chopped/crushed garlic, salt and some thyme, chives, tarragon,
parsley or whatever grabs your fancy. I am still playing with that
mix. Simmer 15-20 minutes then crank up the heat and cook it down. As
the water gets cooked off you have to be on top of it tossing them
until you get stuff starting to caramelize without burning. Plate that
up and you got ya something.

Tim Tim is offline

No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke em till you can easily slide a fork in em.

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 05:58:16 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke em till you can easily slide a fork in em.

Nuking doesn't give you any crispness anywhere. Those little finger 'taters are too expensive for
simple nuking.

wrote:

No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke em till you can easily slide a fork in em.

Nukes are for leftovers. Cooking is a whole nother thing. About the
only thong I actually cook in the microwave is corn.
Soak the whole ear, shuck on, in salt water for a little while, then
nuke it for about 4 minutes. When you take it out, cut the stalk end
off at the first fat spot. Holding it with a towel, squeeze from the
tassel end and a clean ear of corn poops right out. No silk or
anything. Butter if you need it and chow down.

wrote:

No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke em till you can easily slide a fork in em.

Nukes are for leftovers. Cooking is a whole nother thing. About the
only thong I actually cook in the microwave is corn.
Soak the whole ear, shuck on, in salt water for a little while, then
nuke it for about 4 minutes. When you take it out, cut the stalk end
off at the first fat spot. Holding it with a towel, squeeze from the
tassel end and a clean ear of corn poops right out. No silk or
anything. Butter if you need it and chow down.

I like corn with olive oil, salt and pepper, and a little garlic powder on the grill.

Potatoes get the same treatment with a little crushed red pepper, then roasted in the oven. Sometime we boil small ones, them smash them flat in a skillet with olive oil and rosemary, brown them, then drizzle with lemon juice.

I'm getting hungry.
Tim Tim is offline

9:55 AMPoquito Loco
On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 05:58:16 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke em till you can easily slide a fork in em.

Nuking doesn't give you any crispness anywhere. Those little finger 'taters are too expensive for
simple nuking.

John I'm not a tato gormet like you and Greg. My method does get the job done though.
Tim Tim is offline

Groups
Google+
Gmail
Web
more
↰ rec.boats
Red Potatoes
Nov
Not republican potatoes, just those little red ones. ;-) I have been doing them with herbs and garlic lately and they are pretty good Cut 10
7:09 AMPoquito Loco
I like the little finger sized cut in half, mixed with some olive oil and italian and other seasonings, and roasted in the oven for about 45
7:58 AMme
No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke em till you can easily slide a fork in em.
9:55 AMPoquito Loco
Nuking doesn't give you any crispness anywhere. Those little finger 'taters are too expensive for simple nuking.
10:42
wrote:

No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke em till you can easily slide a fork in em.

Nukes are for leftovers. Cooking is a whole nother thing. About the
only thong I actually cook in the microwave is corn.
Soak the whole ear, shuck on, in salt water for a little while, then
nuke it for about 4 minutes. When you take it out, cut the stalk end
off at the first fat spot. Holding it with a towel, squeeze from the
tassel end and a clean ear of corn poops right out. No silk or
anything. Butter if you need it and chow down.

Good idea. I use it a lot. Sometimes I talk to the plate right before I pop it in there. Usually a playin Darth Vader in the Star Wars series.: "Noook- this is yaw destiny..." Lol!

wrote:
Not republican potatoes, just those little red ones. ;-)
I have been doing them with herbs and garlic lately and they are
pretty good
Cut 10-12 in half. Place them cut side down in a frying pan and cover
about 3/4s of them with water. Add a chunk of butter, a couple cloves
of chopped/crushed garlic, salt and some thyme, chives, tarragon,
parsley or whatever grabs your fancy. I am still playing with that
mix. Simmer 15-20 minutes then crank up the heat and cook it down. As
the water gets cooked off you have to be on top of it tossing them
until you get stuff starting to caramelize without burning. Plate that
up and you got ya something.

Cut them and brush with olive oil, coat with the herbs and roast on a flat
pan in oven, even better. I also do them on my Treager.

Tim wrote:
No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke
em till you can easily slide a fork in em.

Nuke the whole potato(e) until almost done and finish in oven. Very close
to a real baked potato.