Default Cajun Sweet Potatoes

This is a good way to fix sweet potatoes. The recipe is also good without the brown sugar.

Cajun Baked Sweet Potato
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 large sweet potato
1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the paprika, brown sugar, black pepper, onion powder, thyme,
rosemary, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise; rub the
halves with olive oil, and then spread the seasoning mix over the open half of each potato. (I use a
butter knife.)
Bake for 45minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
[Note: Simply multiply the recipe for more than one potato.]

Banned

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:11:29 PM UTC-4, John H. wrote:
[...]

Never did like Sweet Potatoes. They cant even market them, no matter which way they serve them in Canada.
McCains have tried, but it's a losing battle.
Tim Tim is offline

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:11:29 PM UTC-7, John H. wrote:
[...]

Supposedly my wife makes a great sweet potato dish, but unfortunately N can't eat them. Don't know why but I never aquired a taste for them..

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 03:49:29 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 20:18:58 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

[...]

Same here with the sweet potatoes but my wife likes them.
She is not much on spices tho.

BTW that spice mix is basically Emeril's Essence.with a shot of sugar.
I do end up making my own tho without the cayenne so my wife will eat
it.

I use that as a rub on a Boston butt (pork roast)
Put it in an open oven pan and cook it for a couple hours at 325 until
it gets a nice bark on it, then pour several ounces of bourbon and a
squirt of water in the pan, cover it with heavy duty foil and cook it
at 275 for another couple hours or more.

You end up with a spicy pork roast that you can "fork pull" for great
BBQ. The bourbon adds flavor and the alcohol tends to break down the
meat a bit so it pulls better. BBQ sauce is optional at that point

The same trick works for ribs but you only have to cook them a couple
hours. I usually throw them on the grill with wood chips for a few
minutes after braising them to get some smoke on them and sear the
meat a bit. The bones will just fall out.

Well??? Where's that recipe for your own? I need a good recipe.

I have put the cayenne in, but wife wouldn't eat it. She scraped it off. Now the cayenne stays in
the drawer.

wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:05:44 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

Well??? Where's that recipe for your own? I need a good recipe.

The rub is
3 parts paprika (some like more)
6 parts black pepper6 parts garlic powder
3 parts onion powder
4 parts salt
3 parts oregano
2 parts thyme

on the ribs I also throw in some McCormack grill mates BBQ powder and
a bunch of brown sugar. (about as much as the rub)

We have a friends whose recipe is basically a Sweet Potato Soufflé with a
praline top. Even tim would munch that dish.

wrote:

Well??? Where's that recipe for your own? I need a good recipe.

The rub is
3 parts paprika (some like more)
6 parts black pepper6 parts garlic powder
3 parts onion powder
4 parts salt
3 parts oregano
2 parts thyme

on the ribs I also throw in some McCormack grill mates BBQ powder and
a bunch of brown sugar. (about as much as the rub)

Change your paprika to smoked paprika and try it.

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 18:42:45 -0500, Boating All Out wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Same here with the sweet potatoes but my wife likes them.
She is not much on spices tho.

Bake and put some salted butter on them. Yum.
Candy them with brown sugar and orange juice. Yumyum.

Too many yummy calories.

Miniature marshmallows melted on top the brown sugar and orange juice - yummier.

How sweet it is... HK General 0 June 30th 09 08:57 PM
How sweet it is... Boater General 0 November 19th 08 01:25 AM
Sweet! A Boater[_2_] General 1 September 16th 08 06:32 PM
SWEET Harry.Krause General 15 September 20th 05 12:49 AM
SWEET Harry.Krause Cruising 9 September 19th 05 01:17 AM