Tim Tim is offline

Default Red Potatoes

Groups
Google+
Gmail
Web
more
↰ rec.boats
Red Potatoes
Nov
Not republican potatoes, just those little red ones. ;-) I have been doing them with herbs and garlic lately and they are pretty good Cut 10
7:09 AMPoquito Loco
I like the little finger sized cut in half, mixed with some olive oil and italian and other seasonings, and roasted in the oven for about 45
7:58 AMme
No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke em till you can easily slide a fork in em.
9:55 AMPoquito Loco
Nuking doesn't give you any crispness anywhere. Those little finger 'taters are too expensive for simple nuking.
10:42
On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 05:58:16 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

No great fanfare with me- I halve the potatoes, season, butter, and nuke em till you can easily slide a fork in em.

Nukes are for leftovers. Cooking is a whole nother thing. About the
only thong I actually cook in the microwave is corn.
Soak the whole ear, shuck on, in salt water for a little while, then
nuke it for about 4 minutes. When you take it out, cut the stalk end
off at the first fat spot. Holding it with a towel, squeeze from the
tassel end and a clean ear of corn poops right out. No silk or
anything. Butter if you need it and chow down.

Good idea. I use it a lot. Sometimes I talk to the plate right before I pop it in there. Usually a playin Darth Vader in the Star Wars series.: "Noook- this is yaw destiny..." Lol!