Default Chuck Roast

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 1:24:34 PM UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 5/16/18 11:23 AM, wrote:
On 16 May 2018 13:47:44 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

Tim wrote:

7:34 AMJohn H
Lots and lots of salt. But, I'll have to admit the onion soup and beef
consomme' in the roast Tim
and I made added lots of salt also. But, we didn't add even more salt -
like Lawry's. Brown gravy
mix is probably 50% salt.

Correct. No need to add more. I’m amazed at how much salt is in canned
goods. Then people add more?

Wow!

So, you think a half teaspoon of Lawry's and a little sprinkle of kosher
salt is more harmful than all the beef you bozos eat, eh?

I was curious about the gravy mix too. It sounds like 1360 MG of salt
you don't need for a minuscule amount of extra flavor since the gravy
mix is basically salt, flour, starch, onion powder and some dried beef
fat for flavor. Didn't you already have real beef in there? I assume
you seared it well before you started the braise.

As all the dry ingredients are pretty much dissolved into about three
cups of liquid, and you might have a couple of tablespoons of that
liquid on your plate and the bit of the liquid absorbed by the beouf
pieces you actually eat, I doubt the salt intake per serving is
worrisome. And yes, it was seared on all sides before I started the real
cooking process.

It would s not the liquid absorbed by the beef, it is the salt that is
worrisome.

The salt is in solution, injenere

The salt is in solution when you boil pasta, or rice, or anything you may cook in salted water. Too much salt in the water solution, food cooked in it is too salty, non-injenere.

Roast Chicken John H[_2_] General 23 August 8th 10 02:13 AM
Yo Chuck! Chuck Gould General 4 June 30th 07 04:34 AM
Hey Chuck... Chuck Gould General 27 November 29th 06 04:27 AM
Hey Chuck... JimH General 13 November 28th 06 07:43 PM
Ganz will roast! Amen! Bob Crantz ASA 15 February 16th 05 01:29 AM