Default Chuck Roast

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

John H. Wrote in message:
Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

Oh, I thought you were talking about Schumer.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Tim Tim is offline

justan
John H. Wrote in message:
Oh, I thought you were talking about Schumer.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Lol! Eh Chuck has been doing that to himself for years. He doesn’t need Johns help... 😉

On Tue, 08 May 2018 17:01:57 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

yessir it was. I'm making it Thursday for a group of company.

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

That's what this one was. Will try the Mongolian one next.

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

yessir it was. I'm making it Thursday for a group of company.

Get a big chuck roast - 5lbs or more.
Tim Tim is offline

John H

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

yessir it was. I'm making it Thursday for a group of company.

Get a big chuck roast - 5lbs or more.

Around here it’s hard to find one over 3-1/2#

I suppose I could get 2- 2.5 roasts and work with that.

Roast Chicken John H[_2_] General 23 August 8th 10 02:13 AM
Yo Chuck! Chuck Gould General 4 June 30th 07 04:34 AM
Hey Chuck... Chuck Gould General 27 November 29th 06 04:27 AM
Hey Chuck... JimH General 13 November 28th 06 07:43 PM
Ganz will roast! Amen! Bob Crantz ASA 15 February 16th 05 01:29 AM