BoatBanter.com

-   -   Chuck Roast (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/178960-chuck-roast.html)

John H.[_5_] May 8th 18 10:01 PM

Chuck Roast

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

justan May 8th 18 11:23 PM

Chuck Roast

John H. Wrote in message:
Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

Oh, I thought you were talking about Schumer.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Tim May 9th 18 01:01 AM

Chuck Roast

justan
John H. Wrote in message:
Oh, I thought you were talking about Schumer.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Lol! Eh Chuck has been doing that to himself for years. He doesn’t need Johns help... 😉

[email protected] May 9th 18 02:16 AM

Chuck Roast

On Tue, 08 May 2018 17:01:57 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

Its Me May 9th 18 04:19 AM

Chuck Roast

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

Tim May 9th 18 05:11 AM

Chuck Roast

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

yessir it was. I'm making it Thursday for a group of company.

John H.[_5_] May 9th 18 06:00 PM

Chuck Roast

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

That was in a different recipe. The Mongolian stuff. I'll try it next. This recipe uses no
cornstarch.

John H.[_5_] May 9th 18 06:01 PM

Chuck Roast

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

That's what this one was. Will try the Mongolian one next.

John H.[_5_] May 9th 18 06:02 PM

Chuck Roast

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

yessir it was. I'm making it Thursday for a group of company.

Get a big chuck roast - 5lbs or more.

Tim May 9th 18 06:56 PM

Chuck Roast

John H

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

yessir it was. I'm making it Thursday for a group of company.

Get a big chuck roast - 5lbs or more.

Around here it’s hard to find one over 3-1/2#

I suppose I could get 2- 2.5 roasts and work with that.