Default Another misdirected student!

John H wrote:
On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 17:04:10 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 12/2/2017 4:50 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 15:26:37 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Exactly the way I felt. Didn't remember him until I saw his picture.
He was a great kid, but had a
bit of a hard time getting started.

I know the feeling well. Math always came hard for me for some reason
which was a major problem in my chosen occupation.

I always had trouble with algebra but geometry always made perfect
sense to me. I suppose that is why I took 2 geometry credits, one trig
and only one algebra.

It's funny. I had no problem grasping differential equations and
calculus when used in solving vacuum pumping calculations and doing
curve fit calcs (probability) for thin film deposition but they only
made sense because I understood what I was solving for. To just learn
how to do the math for no specific purpose was where I always had
difficulty mostly in high school. ET school in the Navy helped a lot,
because again, the calculations, vectoring, etc., had a purpose.

I took three semesters of Calculus and one of Advanced Calculus. I
started to understand the first
semester's Calculus about halfway through the next semester. That continued clear through
differential equations.

I always loved math. History was good too. Most of the other liberal
arts classes, not so much. My problem with calculus was the first
semester professor absolutely sucked as a teacher. And first semester is
the real basis of the 4 semesters.

True North wrote:
On Saturday, 2 December 2017 14:47:35 UTC-4, John H wrote:
Just received this in a Facebook message from Nehemias:

Hello Mr. Herring,

You may or may not remember me. I was your 8th grade algebra student for the 1994-1995 schoolyear.
I looked you up because I have been wanting to express my gratitude. That year, I started falling
behind in my assignments. You became concerned for my progress and phoned my mother. You told her
that for you, my learning the material was more important than a grade. And, you gave me the
opportunity to make up every bit of homework I’d missed just so I could learn the important
fundamentals of Algebra.
That was really a turning point in my math education. I’m pleased to tell you that I graduated
from the University of Maryland with a Civil Engineering degree in 2005. I’ve been a practicing
structural engineer ever since, and I’ve currently been promoted to a project manager at a local
consulting firm. I sincerely believe that I wouldn’t be an engineer if it weren’t for you. I’m
happily married with two rambunctious boys and live in Gaithersburg, MD. Mr. Herring, again, I
wanted to thank you for being a great educator who made a difference in my life. I hope you are
enjoying retirement.
Respectfully,
Nehemias Iglesias
P.S.
To this day, I still remember you voice saying all algebraic statements begin with the word “Let”

Yeah, it made the eyes water!

Uh huh!
Who did y'all pay to write that?

Dumb statement.

wrote:

[...]

I took Calculus in high school but I would be lost if I was tested after
all of these years.

Senior Member

Location: Michigan

Uh huh!
Who did y'all pay to write that?

What a rectal orifice you are.

On Monday, 4 December 2017 00:17:05 UTC-4, RGrew176 wrote:
Uh huh!
Who did y'all pay to write that?

What a rectal orifice I am.

There...fixed that for you.
BTW..is that where you find those corny stupid jokes you continually post here?

True North Wrote in message:
On Monday, 4 December 2017 00:17:05 UTC-4, RGrew176 wrote:
Uh huh!
Who did y'all pay to write that?

What a rectal orifice I am.

There...fixed that for you.
BTW..is that where you find those corny stupid jokes you continually post here?

I doubt your Kanadian Trailer Trash boys could do better.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 07:47:01 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Monday, 4 December 2017 00:17:05 UTC-4, RGrew176 wrote:
Uh huh!
Who did y'all pay to write that?

What a rectal orifice I am.

There...fixed that for you.
BTW..is that where you find those corny stupid jokes you continually post here?

What is it, Don White, jealousy that makes you so bitter about the letter I received? I suppose you
noticed the boy was Mexican. Kinda takes some of the wind out of your 'racist teacher' comments I
suppose. Is that what made you upset enough to try to trash the thread? I suppose your pal feels
just as badly.

True North wrote:
On Monday, 4 December 2017 00:17:05 UTC-4, RGrew176 wrote:
Uh huh!
Who did y'all pay to write that?

What a rectal orifice I am.

There...fixed that for you.
BTW..is that where you find those corny stupid jokes you continually post here?

So you do lies just like your mentor, Harry!

As a student of politics... HK General 122 May 2nd 08 12:53 AM
student loan Iamstudent General 1 January 13th 07 01:07 AM
"Student sailors take to the sea" [email protected] General 0 August 29th 05 03:24 PM
Student rode out tsunami in kayak Tom UK Paddle 1 April 7th 05 05:53 PM