Default Consumer Reports Annual Reliability Survey

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 10:17:40 PM UTC-4, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:03:05 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

Toyota and Honda builds good, reliable transportation. I just wish they weren't so boring to drive.

===

The V6 Honda Accord develops about 290 hp and does 0 to 60 in a bit
over 6 seconds. Nothing boring about that.

To me there's more to driving than going in a straight line.

wrote:

Toyota and Honda builds good, reliable transportation. I just wish they weren't so boring to drive.

===

The V6 Honda Accord develops about 290 hp and does 0 to 60 in a bit
over 6 seconds. Nothing boring about that.

Engine efficiencies have come a long way. The Canyon I bought has a V6
rated at 308 hp. It has an 8 speed transmission that I really like a
lot. I rarely accelerate hard but have tried it a couple of times for
kicks. Shifts are quick and positive and the little truck can scoot
right along.

My Edge V6
which probably weighs close to 5k got 29.6 mpg on a
recent road trip.

I drive easy on the throttle most of the time and almost all my driving
is "around town". Getting 20 - 22 mpg. Someday I'll take a long
highway trip and see what it gets.

On my last monthly "Onstar" driving report (which records hard
acceleration and braking occurrences) it said I driver better than
95 percent of the national population and better than 97 percent of MA
drivers (who have Onstar).

On 10/28/2017 8:22 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/27/17 10:52 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/27/2017 10:17 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:03:05 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

Toyota and Honda builds good, reliable transportation.Â* I just wish
they weren't so boring to drive.Â*

===

The V6 Honda Accord develops about 290 hp and does 0 to 60 in a bit
over 6 seconds.Â* Nothing boring about that.

Engine efficiencies have come a long way.Â* The Canyon I bought has a
V6 rated at 308 hp.Â* It has an 8 speed transmission that I really like
a lot.Â* I rarely accelerate hard but have tried it a couple of times
for kicks.Â* Shifts are quick and positive and the little truck can
scoot right along.

What are you averaging for MPGs? If I drive "rationally," I'm getting
about 23-25 MPG in suburban areas with light traffic and a few
stoplights, and 27-29 MPG on the Interstates if I stay at my typical
60-65 mph. Six-speed manual tranny. Drove wife's Camry 4-cylinder auto
up to Bowie earlier this week, about 30 miles, on U.S. 301, and averaged
37 MPG for light traffic, but plenty of traffic lights, driving. That
sort of MPG will put a smile on my face with a nice-sized four-door
sedan.Â*

I get 20-22 MPG driving around town (no highway driving) under similar
conditions as you described. Haven't taken a long highway trip yet, so
I don't know what kind of mileage it gets.

The V6 and 8 speed transmission in the 2017 Canyon replaces the V6 and 6
speed it used in previous years. It has a little more horsepower and
torque. It's not a new engine or transmission. It has been used in the
Cadillac SUV for a few years. GMC just decided to use it in the Canyon,
probably to up the towing capacity from 6k to 7k lbs.

wrote:

[...]

Mass. drivers drive 2% worse than the national average. That's
what Onstar seems to indicate.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

If I had a nanny in my Prelude the report would just say "I',m going
to tell your parents" ;-)

wrote:

[...]

If you drive 60 to 65 on the interstates you should be arrested for
obstructing traffic. Here in FL 80 to 85 is more like it. Even in
nanny states like NY people are now doing 70 to 75.

wrote:

Toyota and Honda builds good, reliable transportation. I just wish they weren't so boring to drive.

===

The V6 Honda Accord develops about 290 hp and does 0 to 60 in a bit
over 6 seconds. Nothing boring about that.

To me there's more to driving than going in a straight line.

===

I understand but twisty roads are hard to find in Florida. :-)

wrote:

Toyota and Honda builds good, reliable transportation. I just wish they weren't so boring to drive.

===

The V6 Honda Accord develops about 290 hp and does 0 to 60 in a bit
over 6 seconds. Nothing boring about that.

To me there's more to driving than going in a straight line.

===

I understand but twisty roads are hard to find in Florida. :-)

I can show you twisty roads.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

I drive at the posted limit or usually a few mph below it, if it is 70.
I would love having you behind me in your car in a place where you could
not pass...Wayne RoadRage...

Consumer Reports John H[_2_] General 0 October 20th 17 10:48 AM
Consumer Reports on the Toyota Tacoma... Poquito Loco General 35 June 11th 16 06:09 AM
Feb issue Consumer Reports Meyer[_2_] General 5 February 17th 13 12:58 PM
A Consumer Reports 'freebie'... JohnH[_3_] General 0 November 23rd 08 01:18 PM
Consumer Reports for boats?? MarshallE Cruising 6 January 2nd 06 08:46 PM