Default To protect and serve

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 16:43:13 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

The Confederacy was not recognized as a legitimate government by anyone.

Actually Lincoln had to recognize that Virginia had left the union to
be able to form West Virginia (article IV)

Lincoln's compassion more or less set the tone for
the south to rebuild. Some loyalists in the north would have preferred
to see it burned to the ground, its senior leaders and field grade
officers executed, and the farms and factories of the supporters of the
confederacy turned over to the former slaves who worked them.

That is certainly the way history spins it but, just like Germany and
Japan, they had to make a lot of concessions or the war would have
never ended.
Most notably the Japanese emperor was not charged with any crimes and
allowed to remain. In Germany there was no real effort to pay
reparations to the jews, restore their property or try to find wealth
cached in Switzerland.

On 8/21/17 9:27 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/21/17 4:19 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 9:21:05 AM UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/20/17 11:33 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 22:01:27 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 8/20/17 9:58 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 18:33:02 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 8/20/17 3:56 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 14:53:16 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Yup. states were a major part of the name. Sort of like the European
Union. Separate governments combing for a specific purpose.

The countries making up the European Union are free to vote themselves
out of it, ala Brexit. The states in the United States are not free to
vote themselves out of the American union, much as I joke about
California, et al, moving on.

Just exactly where is that defined in the Constitution?
They talk about how you get in but they are silent about how or even
if you can leave.

A number of states left...you recall what that got them?

An aggressive and unconstitutional invasion from the North?

You still duck the question. Where, in the constitution, does it say
the states can't secede? Where does it say the president has the
authority to declare war on them for it?
Just as a sanity check I read the constitution carefully again today
and it is silent on the issue.
It is interesting that Lincoln recognized the secession when it was
convenient to do so while denying it was actually valid. (Specifically
Article IV Section 3(1) and West Virginia)

You're the best "snickers man" on here.

You still have not told me where Lincoln got the constitutional
authority to invade the south.

Read Article II. The Constitution grants the POTUS the power to
unilaterally order military action in defense of the United States when
he determines that a foreign political entity poses a clear and present
danger to the safety and security of the United States.

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the
United States, and of the Militia of the several States..."

South Carolina initiated the shooting war against the United States by
its firing on Ft. Sumter. Lincoln, as commander in chief, was
Constitutionally obligated to respond and defend the fort.

After succession, the Union was illegally occupying foreign land by
staying in that fort. The CSA was expelling foreign forces.

The Confederacy was not recognized as a legitimate government by anyone.
The south failed to achieve diplomatic recognition by even a single
foreign government. Lincoln's compassion more or less set the tone for
the south to rebuild. Some loyalists in the north would have preferred
to see it burned to the ground, its senior leaders and field grade
officers executed, and the farms and factories of the supporters of the
confederacy turned over to the former slaves who worked them.

Was recognized by Lincoln by attacking as a foreign power. And those
loyalists killed Lincoln and went about burning it to the ground and
stealing everything left.

"Those loyalists..." Do you mean Lincoln's assassin, his "helpers" and
the Confederates? You think they were loyalists, eh?

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/20/17 11:33 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 22:01:27 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 8/20/17 9:58 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 18:33:02 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Those loyalists were unionists. Opened the door for the Carpet Baggers
raping the South. Part of the problem the South stills has with the North.
Implement Property taxes ex post facto, and then buy the land for pennies
on the hundred dollars.

Tim Tim is offline

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 7:13:41 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/16/17 5:55 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 8/16/17 3:35 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 09:05:46 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

11:02 AMIts Me
On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 10:39:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/14/he...arlottesville/

I read a different account of the event written by a reporter that was covering it. He said pretty much the same thing, that the police let it happen, and in some ways even forced it.
---/
Yes, bad decisions all the way around...

I really wonder how many of those people were actually nazis and
skinheads. We see the same two dozen guys in all of the TV shots. I
guess a guy in a golf shirt is not news.

If you march with nazis, skinheads and klansmen, you are them.

If you march with girls in pink hats, you are them.

I was delighted to add my support to the Womens March on Washington and
stand and march with those women of good will who are fighting for
equality. ..

I'm sure you were, Harry. Have they asked for mandatory confiscation of your hat lately

wrote:

[...]

Right-wing assholes like you and some of your buddies here and elsewhere
who make light of the plight of women, your days are numbered. You
should listen to every word of the following and atone for your ugliness
on these and similar matters and your support for Trump, because *this*
is a person who, unlike that piece of **** occupying the white house,
can speak, and who can change the world for the better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss6qQM054B0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss6qQM054B0

Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Soze
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, and old leftists like you said Hillary would win by 5-10 points too.

Harry you need to find another cause to champion...