Tim Tim is offline

Default To protect and serve

4:34 PMKeyser Soze
On 8/19/17 4:36 PM, Tim wrote:
On Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 9:15:29 AM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/19/17 10:06 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:04:46 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Many historians consider Truman in the top 10 of presidents.

Many historians consider Robert E Lee a great general and an honorable
man but you think he is just a traitor.

I wouldn't dispute Lee's military prowess. An honorable man wouldn't
have taken up arms against the United States.

He didn't. He took up arms to answer the call of his beloved state of Virginia.

"With all my devotion to the Union and the feeling of loyalty and duty of an American citizen, I have not been able to make up my mind to raise my hand against my relatives, my children, my home. I have therefore resigned my commission in the Army, and save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword..." Lee

I've seen the quote before...it's just another rationalization. An
honorable soldier might have resigned a commission and stayed home. He
wouldn't have quit one side to take up arms with the enemy. And what was
he defending his native state from, the abolition of slavery? That's
some honorable position.
"So far from engaging in a war to perpetuate slavery, I am rejoiced that slavery is abolished. I believe it will be greatly for the interests of the South. So fully am I satisfied of this, as regards Virginia especially, that I would cheerfully have lost all I have lost by the war, and have suffered all I have suffered, to have this object attained."

Tim Tim is offline

5:50 PMKeyser Soze
Ex post facto

You're way out there, Harry. Keep grabbing for straws though.

Tim wrote:

5:50 PMKeyser Soze
Ex post facto

You're way out there, Harry. Keep grabbing for straws though.

Being superstitious is way out there.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 6:13:34 PM UTC-5, Keyser Söze wrote:
Tim wrote:

5:50 PMKeyser Soze
Ex post facto

You're way out there, Harry. Keep grabbing for straws though.

Being superstitious is way out there.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

That's what i mean. You really do need to wake up to reality.

Tim wrote:

5:50 PMKeyser Soze
Ex post facto

You're way out there, Harry. Keep grabbing for straws though.

Being superstitious is way out there.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

That's what i mean. You really do need to wake up to reality.

This from a guy who embraces the superstition of religion?

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.
Tim Tim is offline

Tim wrote:

5:50 PMKeyser Soze
Ex post facto

You're way out there, Harry. Keep grabbing for straws though.

Being superstitious is way out there.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

That's what i mean. You really do need to wake up to reality.

This from a guy who embraces the superstition of religion?

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

Why do you bring up religion Harry, I don't. True, I practice Christianity, but you always have something, usually negative, to post in here about people of faith. You bring it up a lot. No one else does.

Tim wrote:

5:50 PMKeyser Soze
Ex post facto

You're way out there, Harry. Keep grabbing for straws though.

Being superstitious is way out there.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

That's what i mean. You really do need to wake up to reality.

This from a guy who embraces the superstition of religion?

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

Why do you bring up religion Harry, I don't. True, I practice Christianity, but you always have something, usually negative, to post in here about people of faith. You bring it up a lot. No one else does.

You are the one who brought up "reality." as if, as a "religious
person," or core religious beliefs had any connection to reality. The
more I see of "religious belief" and many of the people who practice it,
or claim to practice it, the more it and its practitioners disgust me. I
have met some people in life who were religious and quite decent, though
I have no reason to believe it was because of their religious beliefs.
I've also met a lot of people in life who were not in any way religious
and were decent.

Oh,"people of faith"...is snarly behavior concomitant with faith?
Tim Tim is offline

Tim wrote:

[...]

No, I brought up reality. thats all. No need to read between the lines and make something out of nothing. But you're good at that Harry. I really shouldn't expect less of you.