Default Who says I'm 'low tech'...

I just 'paired' my cell phone to my panasonic home phones. Now when I get a cell phone call I can
hear the ring and answer it on my home phone.

Next step, disconnect the home phone from the land line and stop paying Cox the big bucks for the
telephone!

Yippee.

You guys should have told me about that years ago!

On Sunday, 30 July 2017 09:02:14 UTC-3, John H wrote:
I just 'paired' my cell phone to my panasonic home phones. Now when I get a cell phone call I can
hear the ring and answer it on my home phone.

Next step, disconnect the home phone from the land line and stop paying Cox the big bucks for the
telephone!

Yippee.

You guys should have told me about that years ago!

Now we can only hope that all the nuisance callers, who used to call your landline, get your cellphone number.

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 07:41:40 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

On Sunday, 30 July 2017 09:02:14 UTC-3, John H wrote:
I just 'paired' my cell phone to my panasonic home phones. Now when I get a cell phone call I can
hear the ring and answer it on my home phone.

Next step, disconnect the home phone from the land line and stop paying Cox the big bucks for the
telephone!

Yippee.

You guys should have told me about that years ago!

Now we can only hope that all the nuisance callers, who used to call your landline, get your cellphone number.

And they'll be treated the same.

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 08:02:10 -0400, John H
wrote:

I just 'paired' my cell phone to my panasonic home phones. Now when I get a cell phone call I can
hear the ring and answer it on my home phone.

Next step, disconnect the home phone from the land line and stop paying Cox the big bucks for the
telephone!

Yippee.

You guys should have told me about that years ago!

How does that work? Do you dock your cell phone in the home phone
base?
Obviously if you are out on the golf course with your phone, the home
phone is not going to ring. (unless there is something about SIM cards
that I do not understand)

On 7/30/17 10:41 AM, True North wrote:
On Sunday, 30 July 2017 09:02:14 UTC-3, John H wrote:
I just 'paired' my cell phone to my panasonic home phones. Now when I get a cell phone call I can
hear the ring and answer it on my home phone.

Next step, disconnect the home phone from the land line and stop paying Cox the big bucks for the
telephone!

Yippee.

You guys should have told me about that years ago!

Now we can only hope that all the nuisance callers, who used to call your landline, get your cellphone number.

I finally "dumped" my "wired" landline phone here after 15 years, and
set up an "internet" phone from the cable supplier. It's OK, but not as
good or reliable as the landline phone. I don't use it often. I
subscribe to a service that blocks about 90% of spam and robot calls
from my cellphone.

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 12:00:00 -0400,
wrote:

wrote:

I just 'paired' my cell phone to my panasonic home phones. Now when I get a cell phone call I can
hear the ring and answer it on my home phone.

Next step, disconnect the home phone from the land line and stop paying Cox the big bucks for the
telephone!

Yippee.

You guys should have told me about that years ago!

How does that work? Do you dock your cell phone in the home phone
base?
Obviously if you are out on the golf course with your phone, the home
phone is not going to ring. (unless there is something about SIM cards
that I do not understand)

===

I'm guessing it's probably a "Bluetooth" link similar to what most
modern cars provide for hands free operation of your cell phone.
Virtually all of the newer cell phones have Bluetooth capability. If
you have a lot of MP3 music stored on your phone Bluetooth is also
useful to linking up with wireless speakers, ear buds, etc.

That is still "docked" in the data sense. If you are more than 10
meters from the house phone, it is a paperweight.

As long as everyone has their own phone that is OK but if you are home
alone and don't have a phone you are Amish.
I suppose you can back that up with VOIP but at that point, why bother
with the cell interface?

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 12:11:28 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

[...]

I might think of that but my landline is pretty much free as long as I
have DSL. Since everything is underground here the POTS lines are
pretty much 100% available. I can't say that about Comcast, the only
other real choice. They are up on poles with repeaters connected to
the grid. Just about anything takes them down.

wrote:

[...]

That's exactly what it is. We have Panasonic cordless phones, both of our cell phones link up automatically as soon as they are in range, and can be answered with the cordless handsets just as John describes. You can also choose which cell phone to use to make outbound calls. It even rings with the cell phone's ringtone. They are calling it "Link2Cell".

wrote:

[...]

If you don't have a cell phone you are correct, but this day who doesn't? If you are home, you can use your "home" cordless phone to make and receive calls. If you are away, you have your cell phone with you.

For some that may not make sense, but for many (most?), it works great. We only keep out landline for the home alarm reporting service. One day I'll get an internet phone service and get rid of the TW bundled phone. It's just not that much money or big of a deal to make it worth it right now.

New tech for Loogie Hank©[_3_] General 4 November 6th 13 01:47 PM
303 vs UV Tech For Seals? (PeteCresswell) General 4 January 9th 07 05:44 PM
TECH HELP: Prop Pinhead30558 Cruising 0 May 1st 06 02:23 AM
Tech question...help??? [email protected] General 4 July 13th 05 04:08 AM