Default Ammo?

On Fri, 07 Jul 2017 10:35:34 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 08:25:17 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 7/6/17 9:37 PM,
wrote:
https://www.bitethebullet.co/new-9mm...mance-124gr-rn

Stainless steel casings? Wowser.

It surprised me too. They do seem to be using regular gilding metal
bullets. I assume the casings are a 304 type of stainless since they
imply they are attracted to a magnet roller. I wonder how they affect
extractors and other case handling components of semi auto guns.

Magnetic attraction cuts them out of my firing range.

wrote:
https://www.bitethebullet.co/new-9mm...mance-124gr-rn

Stainless steel casings? Wowser.

It surprised me too. They do seem to be using regular gilding metal
bullets. I assume the casings are a 304 type of stainless since they
imply they are attracted to a magnet roller. I wonder how they affect
extractors and other case handling components of semi auto guns.

Magnetic attraction cuts them out of my firing range.

You might have to educate the range officer that the cases are
magnetic but not the bullets.

wrote:
https://www.bitethebullet.co/new-9mm...mance-124gr-rn

Stainless steel casings? Wowser.

It surprised me too. They do seem to be using regular gilding metal
bullets. I assume the casings are a 304 type of stainless since they
imply they are attracted to a magnet roller. I wonder how they affect
extractors and other case handling components of semi auto guns.

Magnetic attraction cuts them out of my firing range.

You might have to educate the range officer that the cases are
magnetic but not the bullets.

Nope. Ain't gonna happen. 50 rounds at WalMart is about $10.

wrote:
https://www.bitethebullet.co/new-9mm...mance-124gr-rn

Stainless steel casings? Wowser.

It surprised me too. They do seem to be using regular gilding metal
bullets. I assume the casings are a 304 type of stainless since they
imply they are attracted to a magnet roller. I wonder how they affect
extractors and other case handling components of semi auto guns.

Magnetic attraction cuts them out of my firing range.

You might have to educate the range officer that the cases are
magnetic but not the bullets.

Nope. Ain't gonna happen. 50 rounds at WalMart is about $10.

You're paying 20 cents a round. If you buy 1000 rounds, you'd pay 21 cents, then only 14 cents a round when you return the casings for reloading. It's only a penny or two more per round at the 500 quantity level.

wrote:
https://www.bitethebullet.co/new-9mm...mance-124gr-rn

Stainless steel casings? Wowser.

It surprised me too. They do seem to be using regular gilding metal
bullets. I assume the casings are a 304 type of stainless since they
imply they are attracted to a magnet roller. I wonder how they affect
extractors and other case handling components of semi auto guns.

Magnetic attraction cuts them out of my firing range.

You might have to educate the range officer that the cases are
magnetic but not the bullets.

Nope. Ain't gonna happen. 50 rounds at WalMart is about $10.

You're paying 20 cents a round. If you buy 1000 rounds, you'd pay 21 cents, then only 14 cents a round when you return the casings for reloading. It's only a penny or two more per round at the 500 quantity level.

First I'd have to get them past the magnet. Then I'd have to try to sweep the floor wherever the
casings went with the magnetic broom. They wouldn't want me interfering with other shooters. If I
shot a thousand rounds a month it might be worth trying, but I don't shoot that much.

wrote:
[...]

I am surprised a range even lets you pick up brass. Usually if it hits
the ground it is theirs.
The cases themselves might be of interest to reloaders but I am not
sure this is a good business model. I just thought it was unusual
enough to mention here. I wonder how case capacity compares to brass.

I was thinking about you the other day. My neighbor was cleaning out
his garage and came up with a "ham can" of 7.62x54. He wasn't even
sure what it was but when I told him, he remembered he had an old
Moisen in his safe. These things look like they are left over from
WWII or something. Even in the can, they showed some verdigris on the
cases. I am guessing it was outgassing from the primers.

wrote:
[...]

I sweep up my brass at the outdoor and indoor ranges I use. When I get a big enough bag of mixed brass, I swap it with a reloader guy I know for some rounds he has reloaded.

--
yrNews Usenet Reader HD for iPad
http://appstore.com/yrNewsUsenetReaderHD

wrote:
[...]

As I've never tried to pick it up, I wouldn't know.

Most likely the stuff he's got *is* from WWII. Dirty as hell too!

FYI - Ammo sale John H.[_5_] General 2 November 28th 15 07:55 PM
Ammo Shortage Mr. Luddite General 81 February 22nd 14 02:35 AM
WalMart Ammo Poco Loco General 9 February 21st 14 02:46 PM
Looks like ammo is becoming more available... John H[_2_] General 55 August 4th 13 05:15 PM
Ammo F.O.A.D. General 11 May 7th 13 12:45 PM