Default Looks like ammo is becoming more available...

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

On 8/2/2013 3:20 PM, John H wrote:
http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

"Woman stops gator attack with a small Beretta pistol."

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed
woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator. What is the
smallest caliber that you would trust to protect yourself?

A Beretta Jetfire testimonial.

Here is her story:

While out walking along the edge of a bayou just below Houma, Louisiana
with my soon to be ex-husband discussing property settlement and other
divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator suddenly
emerging from the murky water and charging us with its large jaws wide
open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely
aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire .25 caliber
pistol with me, I would not be here today!

Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took. The
gator got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a
brisk pace. It's one of the best pistols in my collection! Plus ...
the amount I saved in lawyer's fees was more than worth the purchase
price of the gun.

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 15:32:17 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 8/2/2013 3:20 PM, John H wrote:
[...]

Prolly could have done it with a .22.

John (Gun Nut) H.

"John H" wrote in message

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

---------------------------------

I stopped over to my favorite gun shop this morning and noticed that
for the first time in many months, the ammo shelves were much better
stocked.
They still have a purchase limit, but at least they have some. I
need to bring my glasses though. Grabbed a box of what I thought were
..357 cal but fortunately the shop owner is familiar with what I buy.
The box was actually .327 cal .... something I've never heard of.

While I was there I happened to notice an unusual handgun in the used
case and asked to see it. Turns out it was a first series, 1921 Colt
"Woodsman" .22 cal semi-automatic. Actually, it's referred to as the
"pre-Woodsman" because Colt didn't put the name "Woodsman" on them
until after 1926. One thing led to another and it's now part of my
collection.

http://tinyurl.com/kx8u87v

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:54:08 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I like it. Looks like it'll be fun to shoot also. I'd never heard of .327 caliber either. A friend
was telling me today of shooting his Winchester .44-40 rifle. That's another I'd never heard of.

While down at Solomons last week I let one of the grandsons practice field stripping the Marlin Mod
59 .22 semi-auto rifle. He was totally thrilled. I couldn't let him take it home because they didn't
have a way to lock it up. The gun case I ordered came today,so I'll give it to the dad this weekend.
Dad and son are thrilled.

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:20:12 -0400, John H
wrote:

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

===

Great, 22LR at a halfway reasonable price. Thanks.

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:27:19 -0400, wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

.327 is pretty new, pretty much a caliber, looking for a need but they
do make them.

44-40 is an old timer, originally black powder in the old lever action
rifles and the matching revolver for a cowboy who wanted to only need
one kind of ammo. .

Yup, the bullet is much like a .45, and his Winchester is lever action. Pretty old rifle.

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:54:08 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Nice, looks a bit like a Hi Standard.

wrote:

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

You are gullible. Ammo is like oil. Create a false shortage and reap
the great benefits of money based on short supply.

===

It is somewhat like the gasoline crisis of the 70s and 80s. If people
perceive that gas is in short supply the first thing they do is run
out and fill up their tank. That behavior alone creates a real
shortage because of its sudden impact on the supply chain.

9mm Ammo for Sale F.O.A.D. General 19 June 18th 13 01:19 AM
9mm Ammo for Sale F.O.A.D. General 1 June 12th 13 09:18 AM
Ammo F.O.A.D. General 11 May 7th 13 12:45 PM
Hey guns and ammo can't hurt anybody Meyer[_2_] General 0 September 29th 12 01:05 PM