Default Looks like ammo is becoming more available...

wrote in message ...

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:23:43 -0400, JustWaitAFrekinMinute
wrote:

DHS bought 1.6 billion rounds and are buying another chunk just
signed
for this week. It had the effect it was supposed to have..

The strange thing about that theory is that the high performance
rounds they were buying are the only ones that you can still find. The
cheap stuff is what sold out first and still is hard to find.

I do wonder why they need 5 rounds for every man woman and child in
the country. Are they really that bad at hitting something?

----------------------------------

The government purchases have had some effect but the major cause of
the ammo shortage was private citizen purchases and hoarding in
response to economic and political uncertainties. A concern that
stringent new gun laws would be successfully lobbied for and enacted
by the current administration and/or Congress drove both ammunition
and new gun sales through the roof in the past year. The DHS doesn't
buy supplies for reloading and muzzle loaders yet there is a serious
shortage of those also.

Ammo manufacturers can only increase capacity by so much because their
suppliers can't increase the needed materials by much.
One supplier says he doesn’t have a shortage of ammunition, but a
serious surplus of customers.

Point is, despite rumors to the contrary, there is no evidence of a
government conspiracy to buy up all the available ammunition.

On 8/2/13 8:11 PM, Eisboch wrote:

The government purchases have had some effect but the major cause of the
ammo shortage was private citizen purchases and hoarding in response to
economic and political uncertainties. A concern that stringent new gun
laws would be successfully lobbied for and enacted by the current
administration and/or Congress drove both ammunition and new gun sales
through the roof in the past year. The DHS doesn't buy supplies for
reloading and muzzle loaders yet there is a serious shortage of those also.

Ammo manufacturers can only increase capacity by so much because their
suppliers can't increase the needed materials by much.
One supplier says he doesn’t have a shortage of ammunition, but a
serious surplus of customers.

Point is, despite rumors to the contrary, there is no evidence of a
government conspiracy to buy up all the available ammunition.

Best part of the looming end of the ammo shortage is the large number of
speculators who got burned buying up boatloads of rounds to resell on
the gun auction sites. Now they are sitting on that ammo and unable to
sell it at the super high prices of yesterday, such as $29.95 for a box
of 50 rounds of name brand 9 mm ball ammo.

Eisboch wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

---------------------------------

I stopped over to my favorite gun shop this morning and noticed that
for the first time in many months, the ammo shelves were much better
stocked.
They still have a purchase limit, but at least they have some. I
need to bring my glasses though. Grabbed a box of what I thought were
.357 cal but fortunately the shop owner is familiar with what I buy.
The box was actually .327 cal .... something I've never heard of.

While I was there I happened to notice an unusual handgun in the used
case and asked to see it. Turns out it was a first series, 1921 Colt
"Woodsman" .22 cal semi-automatic. Actually, it's referred to as the
"pre-Woodsman" because Colt didn't put the name "Woodsman" on them
until after 1926. One thing led to another and it's now part of my
collection.

http://tinyurl.com/kx8u87v

Looks a lot like my Ruger .22 pistol. They are a lot of fun to shoot
and quite accurate.
Tim Tim is offline

On Friday, August 2, 2013 4:18:20 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:54:08 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

I like it. Looks like it'll be fun to shoot also. I'd never heard of .327 caliber either. A friend

was telling me today of shooting his Winchester .44-40 rifle. That's another I'd never heard of.

While down at Solomons last week I let one of the grandsons practice field stripping the Marlin Mod

59 .22 semi-auto rifle. He was totally thrilled. I couldn't let him take it home because they didn't

have a way to lock it up. The gun case I ordered came today,so I'll give it to the dad this weekend.

Dad and son are thrilled.

John (Gun Nut) H.

--

Hope you're having a great day!

My aunt used to have a 5 shot Smith in 32. Kind of obsolete and rare. I wonder if this a re-intro of the same cartridge?

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

On 8/3/13 2:18 PM, Eisboch wrote:

Scott has been pushing this government conspiracy theory since the
shortages first started. It wasn't true then and it's not true now.
The purchases by the DHS may have exasperated the shortage, but it
was
primarily due to panic buying by private citizens.

Now you've gone and done it.

http://tinyurl.com/mldo48c

9mm Ammo for Sale F.O.A.D. General 19 June 18th 13 01:19 AM
9mm Ammo for Sale F.O.A.D. General 1 June 12th 13 09:18 AM
Ammo F.O.A.D. General 11 May 7th 13 12:45 PM
Hey guns and ammo can't hurt anybody Meyer[_2_] General 0 September 29th 12 01:05 PM