John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Ammo?

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:40:40 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 2:06:54 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:13:40 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:28:09 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Jul 2017 10:35:34 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 08:25:17 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 7/6/17 9:37 PM,
wrote:
https://www.bitethebullet.co/new-9mm...mance-124gr-rn

Stainless steel casings? Wowser.

It surprised me too. They do seem to be using regular gilding metal
bullets. I assume the casings are a 304 type of stainless since they
imply they are attracted to a magnet roller. I wonder how they affect
extractors and other case handling components of semi auto guns.

Magnetic attraction cuts them out of my firing range.

You might have to educate the range officer that the cases are
magnetic but not the bullets.

Nope. Ain't gonna happen. 50 rounds at WalMart is about $10.

You're paying 20 cents a round. If you buy 1000 rounds, you'd pay 21 cents, then only 14 cents a round when you return the casings for reloading. It's only a penny or two more per round at the 500 quantity level.

First I'd have to get them past the magnet. Then I'd have to try to sweep the floor wherever the
casings went with the magnetic broom. They wouldn't want me interfering with other shooters. If I
shot a thousand rounds a month it might be worth trying, but I don't shoot that much.