Default Really good android news reader/poster?

Friend in Michigan insists on using an android device instead of a
proper mac device for just about everything, including posting to
usenet. I have a crappy bit of android usenet software on my tablet, but
it is nothing I would recommend.

Anyone know of a really top notch android news reader/poster who might
post the name and url of its source here so I can pass it along?

Thanks!

On 2/11/2016 9:34 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
Friend in Michigan insists on using an android device instead of a
proper mac device for just about everything, including posting to
usenet. I have a crappy bit of android usenet software on my tablet, but
it is nothing I would recommend.

Anyone know of a really top notch android news reader/poster who might
post the name and url of its source here so I can pass it along?

Thanks!

Can't help. I have an android based cell phone. I use it to make or
receive occasional phone calls. I never use any of it's other
functions or features including internet access.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/11/2016 9:34 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
Friend in Michigan insists on using an android device instead of a
proper mac device for just about everything, including posting to
usenet. I have a crappy bit of android usenet software on my tablet, but
it is nothing I would recommend.

Anyone know of a really top notch android news reader/poster who might
post the name and url of its source here so I can pass it along?

Thanks!

Can't help. I have an android based cell phone. I use it to make or
receive occasional phone calls. I never use any of it's other
functions or features including internet access.

Where are those damned super delegates when you need them? 😀

--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:34:41 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Friend in Michigan insists on using an android device instead of a
proper mac device for just about everything, including posting to
usenet. I have a crappy bit of android usenet software on my tablet, but
it is nothing I would recommend.

Anyone know of a really top notch android news reader/poster who might
post the name and url of its source here so I can pass it along?

Thanks!

===

Google is your friend.

wrote:

Friend in Michigan insists on using an android device instead of a
proper mac device for just about everything, including posting to
usenet. I have a crappy bit of android usenet software on my tablet, but
it is nothing I would recommend.

Anyone know of a really top notch android news reader/poster who might
post the name and url of its source here so I can pass it along?

Thanks!

His google must be broken or you are just trolling

Of course Google points inward first
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ewsgroup&hl=en

Here are reviews of other readers

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-news-...ndroid-5807863

https://usenetreviewz.com/best-usenet-clients/

http://android.newsgroupstats.hk/

wrote:

Friend in Michigan insists on using an android device instead of a
proper mac device for just about everything, including posting to
usenet. I have a crappy bit of android usenet software on my tablet, but
it is nothing I would recommend.

Anyone know of a really top notch android news reader/poster who might
post the name and url of its source here so I can pass it along?

Thanks!

His google must be broken or you are just trolling

Of course Google points inward first
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ewsgroup&hl=en

Here are reviews of other readers

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-news-...ndroid-5807863

https://usenetreviewz.com/best-usenet-clients/

http://android.newsgroupstats.hk/

We've both googled the subject and have come up with very little.

The first one on your list is the one I use occasionally on my android
tablet and it is also the one my friend uses. One of my friend's
complaints is that he has yet to discover a way to mark a bunch of new
posts that don't interest him "read" so they disappear from his listing
without having to go through them one at a time. The app sort of has a
feature that does this, but it only works sporadically. The app I use on
my iphone has the feature and it works properly, as does the full
Thunderbird app I mostly use on my desktop computer.

Feedly and several of the others seem more suited for bringing in RSS
feeds and all sorts of media that go beyond the needs of simply being
able to read and post to usenet.

Still looking for recommendations for my friend.

wrote:

Friend in Michigan insists on using an android device instead of a
proper mac device for just about everything, including posting to
usenet. I have a crappy bit of android usenet software on my tablet, but
it is nothing I would recommend.

Anyone know of a really top notch android news reader/poster who might
post the name and url of its source here so I can pass it along?

Thanks!

His google must be broken or you are just trolling

Of course Google points inward first
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ewsgroup&hl=en

Here are reviews of other readers

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-news-...ndroid-5807863

https://usenetreviewz.com/best-usenet-clients/

http://android.newsgroupstats.hk/

Harry's been given the link to the only viable newsgroup reader
available. I imagine he's busily trying to figure it out. I'd be happy
to help him if he has specific detailed questions he needs answered.
After all, what are friends for, anyway? :-)

He is an Apple guy AKA someone who does not what to know how their
devices work or have any real control over them.

I do find it ironic that in the famous ad, Apple was trying to make
fun of "conformists" when the whole product line is based on
conformity to the point that it has become a cult.

On 2/11/16 2:07 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 12:06:24 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Absurdity built on ignorance. My first two smartphones were android OS
phones, and I ran both of them with advances from the ways that existed
back then to bust out of the OS. When I was interested, I took formal
programming language courses in Pascal and Modula-2. My current iPhone
is almost always running the latest "jailbreak."

I have no compelling interest in tinkering with my android tablet. I
mostly use it as a device for reading books and for playing scrabble and
chess.

Just because I wasn't a "grunt" in the military doesn't mean I am
ignorant of technology. These days, I learn what I have to learn to
please myself. While you two boys were shoveling coal in the bowels of
some obsolete ship somewhere, I was writing the user manuals for
minicomputers being sold to the Peoples Republic of China to aid in
weather forecasting for agricultural programs. Well, at least that was
their ostensible purpose.

Bad News for Conservatives, Good News for Americans Harryk General 22 July 21st 11 01:02 AM
Setting up news reader Ed General 6 February 20th 05 01:38 AM
News reader Ed General 3 February 17th 05 07:03 PM
Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats Bart Senior ASA 87 July 26th 04 05:04 PM
More bad news for Bush, good news for Americans John Smith General 7 June 25th 04 05:10 PM