Tim Tim is offline

Default I *love* this version of the Supremes...

Harry, not worried? Then why are you building that Stoner?

On 10/21/14 1:40 PM, Tim wrote:
Harry, not worried? Then why are you building that Stoner?

Are you are referring to the 300 AAC Blackout? I actually built it for a
friend. I told which which lower to order, and he picked it up in his
name from a local FFL. I ordered the rest of the pieces and parts after
we talked it over, and I asked a gunsmith buddy to install the barrel,
because I hadn't done that before and I didn't want any issues. I got to
watch that part, so now I can do it. I happened to have all the tools
needed for a quick and properly assembly of everything else, not that
they are exotic.

I've shot about 30 rounds through that rifle. My friend is getting into
reloading again...he used to do it years ago...so perhaps he'll be able
to get a handle on his ammo costs for the rifle.

I just bought some Wolf ammo. I wouldn't touch the steel case or coated
steel bullet crap they produce, import and sell, but the Wolf "Gold" is
pretty nice...brass cases, non-steel FMJ bullets, sealed. Our local
indoor range doesn't allow rounds that attract the magnet.

--
Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity
toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.

Tim Tim is offline

Oh , so now it belongs to a friend of you'd...

300 blackout? If anything you should have built it on a 7.62x39. It be better than that limpy .300

On 10/21/14 2:40 PM, Tim wrote:
Oh , so now it belongs to a friend of you'd...

300 blackout? If anything you should have built it on a 7.62x39. It be better than that limpy .300

Since he bought the lower receiver, it always belonged to him. I wanted
to build one and he wanted to own a .300 blackout. I might want to build
another AR, but I'm not sure about the caliber. There are many choices.
Right now, I'm still "improving" my Colt AR-15. I've been trying out a
few different triggers on the ARs of friends. I don't have a problem
with the Colt trigger, but I do prefer lighter triggers.

My personal firearms limitations are the venues where it is conveniently
close for me to shoot and the price I feel like paying for ammo. Most of
my closeby venues are 50 to 100 yards, and for that spread of ranges, my
5.56 and the .357 rifle work fine, and the .22LR is great up to at least
50 yards and beyond if there is no wind. For the sort of shooting I
enjoy, there's nothing a .308 will do at my distances that my smaller
caliber firearms won't do.

There's nothing "limpy" about the .300 blackout round. There are
stronger rounds and there are weaker rounds. All depends on what you
want and what you want to use it for, eh?

I don't shoot squirrels, groundhogs, raccoons, chipmunks, foxes, or
prairie dogs for fun, profit, or for table food.

--
Of life’s simple pleasures, few are more satisfying than being attacked
by the right-wing trash in rec.boats.
Tim Tim is offline

Harry. The 300 is lame, expensive, and rare. If that's his choice then more power to him. He would have been better off with a more suitable caliber for that app. If I wanted an exotic AR I'd build one for .243. I've also seen them in .30 carbine. At least those rounds are easy to come up with. For your range of shooting, one chambered for 9mm would do fine...

On 10/21/14 3:51 PM, Tim wrote:
Harry. The 300 is lame, expensive, and rare. If that's his choice then more power to him. He would have been better off with a more suitable caliber for that app. If I wanted an exotic AR I'd build one for .243. I've also seen them in .30 carbine. At least those rounds are easy to come up with. For your range of shooting, one chambered for 9mm would do fine...

That's what he wanted, and I was curious enough to build it for him.
I agree that a 9mm AR-15 would be interesting and cheap to run. But .223
ammo prices are collapsing. I just bought a mess of decent 55-grain for
under 30 cents a round, about what I am now paying for decent .357 MAG,
which, actually, is my favorite round these days. But I already have a
..357 MAG rifle.

On 10/21/2014 3:55 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 10/21/14 3:51 PM, Tim wrote:
Harry. The 300 is lame, expensive, and rare. If that's his choice then
more power to him. He would have been better off with a more suitable
caliber for that app. If I wanted an exotic AR I'd build one for
.243. I've also seen them in .30 carbine. At least those rounds are
easy to come up with. For your range of shooting, one chambered for
9mm would do fine...

That's what he wanted, and I was curious enough to build it for him.
I agree that a 9mm AR-15 would be interesting and cheap to run. But .223
ammo prices are collapsing. I just bought a mess of decent 55-grain for
under 30 cents a round, about what I am now paying for decent .357 MAG,
which, actually, is my favorite round these days. But I already have a
.357 MAG rifle.

Why would anyone have you put together anything for him/her? That's the
real puzzler here.
Banned

Because krause is lying. He posts nothing but lies, and political horse****.

On 10/21/2014 8:53 AM, Harrold wrote:
On 10/21/2014 8:00 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9prhPV2PI
--

LOL, Very Funny Foad.
Thanks, Mikek

On 10/21/14 2:40 PM, Tim wrote:
Oh , so now it belongs to a friend of you'd...

300 blackout? If anything you should have built it on a 7.62x39. It be better than that limpy .300

There's nothing limpy about .300 blackout. Obviously, it isn't as "hot"
as .308, but carrying around a .308 "AR" isn't something that interests
me. Too damned heavy. And the Russian version ammo you mentioned, well,
most of that ammo is steel-cased with steel-encased bullets, and neither
of the two indoor ranges I visit allow steel ammo. And I don't like that
sort of Russian/former Sov block ammo, anyway. Dirty stuff, and much of
it is only mediocre in accuracy.

On the other hand, I shot 60 rounds of the new Wolf Gold in .223 I
tripped across. It's made in Taiwan, with brass cases and copper over
lead FMJ bullets. Shoots the same as a similar Federal ammo, but is a
little less expensive. "Wolf" typically is a Russian brand.

--
This Halloween, I’m dressing up as a Republican to answer the doorbell.
I’ll give one rich white kid an entire bag of expensive imported

If the Supremes... F.O.A.D. General 6 June 24th 13 12:56 AM
[ANN] NemaTalker version 1.9.0 released Ger Rietman Electronics 0 January 8th 05 11:30 AM
New version of APRSPoint available Michael Cruising 2 November 30th 04 07:42 PM
The Republican's version of God basskisser General 1 February 20th 04 06:20 PM
Drift Away~~~~~~ Bobsprit's version Simple Simon ASA 0 August 26th 03 04:12 PM