Default What could possibly go wrong?

On 8/20/2014 9:30 AM, KC wrote:
On 8/20/2014 10:58 AM, H*a*r*r*o*l*d wrote:
On 8/20/2014 8:01 AM, KC wrote:
On 8/19/2014 6:37 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 8/19/2014 6:09 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 8/19/14 5:59 PM, Califbill wrote:

I have a friend who is a retired cop. He carefully lined up a shot
on a
bad guy, shooting uphill, so he did not hit a car on the freeway. A
mile
away, went through the sheet metal side of a metal building at the
San
Mateo Fairgrounds and lodged in the neck of a lady. Luckily did not
kill
her or paralyze her. **** happens.

Murder by cop seems to be increasing in frequency. And police forces
are

Have to admit, I was LOL at Chris Hayes (MSNBC) last night when a
couple of rocks were thrown at him by some of the more violent
"protesters". Hayes is hyper by nature but you could tell that the
rocks being thrown at him while he stood safely about 20 feet from a
fence separating him from the protesters scared the crap out of
him. He
was babbling so badly he couldn't finish a sentence.

Today MSNBC is reporting that Hayes was "pelted" with rocks. A bit of
an exaggeration, for sure. I recall two rocks being tossed in his
direction that caused him to almost **** in his pants.

In all seriousness, why do you watch MNNBC? Is it for the entertainment
like here? Or do you think you seriously get "news" there?

You can't get to the truth unless you listen to all sides and figger out
who's lying.

...yes I know. I only asked because I see Dick quoting directly or
recanting a story he obviously saw on msnbc, but when he quotes Fox or
other, to me is sounds like he heard the soundbite on another channel...
like msnbc :0 Either way, I forgot he isn't here for conv, just to watch
and fight.. something about libs I guess.... either way, he doesn't want
to talk to me, soooooo I move on.

You don't know dick or Dick. ;-)

--
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of

KC KC is offline

On 8/20/2014 11:36 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 8/19/2014 6:09 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

In all seriousness why the hell do you care what I watch? Or, more to
the point, what I watch is none of your business.

I watch a lot of news and political commentary including, sometimes, Fox
News.

It was a serious question, sorry about your penis dick....

You were given a serious response. I don't need a foul-mouthed,
paranoid, hot-headed little twerp advising me as to what to watch or not.

I didn't advise anything, I asked a question... and as to the
"hot-headed little twerp", look who is getting all fired up over a
question, and calling names from under a desk like a coward. You really
don't surprise me as much as you think, you are not as opaque as you
think you are.
KC KC is offline

On 8/19/2014 6:09 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Just asked a question, in a group. Didn't know I had to "know" anybody
to do that. If he isn't here to share, fine.. no problem...

Default What could possibly go wrong?th

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 06:37:28 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

I don't have a problem with this in a riot situation. The thing that
bothers me is the paramilitary sway teams responding to calls that
would have been better handled by a couple guys with cheap suits and a
crown vic.
Waco springs to mind ... or Elian Gonzelez

Are you kidding? Criminals can "legally" or illegally get military
weapons - including machine guns. They can also get any kind of body
armor. It's all on the market.

You are half right. They can get guns "illegally" I guess you think
another law would stop that.

I want cops armed to the teeth.
After the North Hollywood bank shootout, no reason not to.
I don't know why you want cops outgunned by criminals.
Don't like cops?

I like cops, I just don't like cops with machine guns.

What cops have machine guns? SWAT might have an MP5/M16/M4.
Big deal.

Would North Hollywood have been any better if the cops were spraying
the street with automatic weapons fire too?

SWAT teams don't do that.

Giving the cops more bullets in their gun only assures more innocent
bystanders are shot.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/25...olice-gunfire/

They did well, those cops. Lots of people around. And they didn't have
auto weapons.

A sniper on the roof with a deer rifle would have been much more
effective. If I was going to do one thing with the police, it would be
more actual combat marksmanship training, not bigger guns.
My old IBM buddy was a deputy in Charlotte County
Every year they have a little competition, hit 5 bowling pins at 7
yards, shoot till they all fall. They have patrol officers who have to
reload their double stack Sigs before they finally hit them all.

Most cops never fire their gun in the line of duty.

The winner was usually one old detective who carried a 5 shot Chief
(2" .38 revolver). Five shots, 5 hits.

Anecdote.
I think this "cop militarization" is just overblown lib talk.
Most of what people are seeing is vehicles and armor.
Chicago cops handled the Grant Park yippies with nightsticks.
You better have more than a nightstick now.
Banned

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:36:25 AM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:

You were given a serious response. I don't need a foul-mouthed,

paranoid, hot-headed little twerp advising me as to what to watch or not.

I'm sure he's real scared of a zero like you.

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:13:29 -0600, H*a*r*r*o*l*d
wrote:

Hoping your neighbors have good vid cams so when the SWAT team shows up
at your house, we get to watch it almost live.

Do you lie awake at night, thinking up this sick ****? Get psychiatric
help soon, from a REAL doctor.

===

Harry has found that once the IRS has a lien on most of his
possessions there is time for a lot of creative thinking.