jps jps is offline

Default What could possibly go wrong?

"That's right. After the Safe Carry Protection Act passed in Georgia,
many of us made the sarcastic remark, "What could possibly go wrong?'
Well, Saturday night something did. In the picturesque tourist town of
Helen in the North Georgia mountains, a woman died as the result of a
stray bullet which had already penetrated the shooter's hand as he
stood outside a bar across the street from her.

The German Alpine themed small town hosts many bars and is a popular
tourist destination. The streets can be crowded on weekends and during
the yearly Oktoberfest celebrations. Drinking is one popular pastime
and set the scene for Saturday's tragedy.

The shooter is a 53 year old man with a previous drunk driving
conviction in 1999. He was outside a bar when the shooting occurred.
He was found sitting on a bench with his injured hand. The woman his
bullet found lay on the sidewalk across the street, dead at the scene,
surrounded by family and friends, some of them children.

Many years ago our family visited the little town during their
Oktoberfest. We noticed students in various stages of intoxication
staggering into a fudge shop and joked, "What could possibly go
wrong?" as we imagined the nauseating mixture of fudge and way too
much beer. We never imagined the deadly new combination that would
result many years later.

The man has been charged with involuntary manslaughter."

....same old ****.

On 8/19/14 2:33 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:10:29 -0700, jps wrote:

...same old ****.

Indeed, you are. Why are you still here? You have no interest in boats.

jps wrote:
[...]

I have a friend who is a retired cop. He carefully lined up a shot on a
bad guy, shooting uphill, so he did not hit a car on the freeway. A mile
away, went through the sheet metal side of a metal building at the San
Mateo Fairgrounds and lodged in the neck of a lady. Luckily did not kill
her or paralyze her. **** happens. What about all those poor innocents
killed in drivebys? Caused by a failed war on drugs.

On 8/19/14 5:59 PM, Califbill wrote:

I have a friend who is a retired cop. He carefully lined up a shot on a
bad guy, shooting uphill, so he did not hit a car on the freeway. A mile
away, went through the sheet metal side of a metal building at the San
Mateo Fairgrounds and lodged in the neck of a lady. Luckily did not kill
her or paralyze her. **** happens.

Murder by cop seems to be increasing in frequency. And police forces are

On 8/19/2014 6:09 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 8/19/14 5:59 PM, Califbill wrote:

I have a friend who is a retired cop. He carefully lined up a shot on a
bad guy, shooting uphill, so he did not hit a car on the freeway. A mile
away, went through the sheet metal side of a metal building at the San
Mateo Fairgrounds and lodged in the neck of a lady. Luckily did not kill
her or paralyze her. **** happens.

Murder by cop seems to be increasing in frequency. And police forces are

Have to admit, I was LOL at Chris Hayes (MSNBC) last night when a
couple of rocks were thrown at him by some of the more violent
"protesters". Hayes is hyper by nature but you could tell that the
rocks being thrown at him while he stood safely about 20 feet from a
fence separating him from the protesters scared the crap out of him. He
was babbling so badly he couldn't finish a sentence.

Today MSNBC is reporting that Hayes was "pelted" with rocks. A bit of
an exaggeration, for sure. I recall two rocks being tossed in his
direction that caused him to almost **** in his pants.

KC KC is offline

On 8/19/2014 6:37 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 8/19/2014 6:09 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

In all seriousness, why do you watch MNNBC? Is it for the entertainment
like here? Or do you think you seriously get "news" there?

On 8/19/2014 6:09 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Snotty prefers the Paranoid Schizophrenic News Network.