Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default What could possibly go wrong?

South Carolina wants to teach kids to shoot guns...

State Sen. Lee Bright (R), the sponsor of the legislation, argues that
“the more guns we have the safer we are.” “[H]ad there been someone in
Newtown with a weapon, had it been a teacher, they could have stopped it
early,” Bright explained. His bill would allow schools to offer gun
training at an off-site location:

Bright says he got the idea after hearing from older constituents who
“remembered the days” when students could join a rifle team or learn
about shooting during a school day. “We’ve got football, we’ve got
basketball, and we’ve got baseball,” says Bright. “I think if they had a
hunting team, it would be a great idea.”

The class, dubbed the “South Carolina Gun Safety Program” course, would
focus on learning how to properly use a firearm, safety techniques, and
the history of the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms, according
to Bright. “The more training we can get on the history of our nation,
the founding of our nation, the better,” he says.
- - -

Obviously, in a state of the stupid for the stupid, firing guns takes
precedence over teaching reading, writing, and math.