Default Possibly NOT photoshopped...

....well, maybe. On topic here.

http://tinyurl.com/kpwbvho
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 2, 8:23*pm, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
...well, maybe. On topic here.

http://tinyurl.com/kpwbvho

I can believe it. Amishters have some weird rult's about what they can
or can't use/do.

A lot of their welding and craft shops have computerized equipment and
have full kitchens with modern appliances and air conditioning, but no
power or running water to their house next door. Some modern tractors
(diesel only allowed) that have been changed over to steel wheels
etc.

But anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if the engine on that boat wasn't
rope start only. Some would go to an extreme and literally pull the
electric starter off.

On 6/2/2013 10:23 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jun 2, 8:23 pm, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
...well, maybe. On topic here.

http://tinyurl.com/kpwbvho

I can believe it. Amishters have some weird rult's about what they can
or can't use/do.

A lot of their welding and craft shops have computerized equipment and
have full kitchens with modern appliances and air conditioning, but no
power or running water to their house next door. Some modern tractors
(diesel only allowed) that have been changed over to steel wheels
etc.

But anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if the engine on that boat wasn't
rope start only. Some would go to an extreme and literally pull the
electric starter off.

Interesting insight...

On 6/2/2013 10:23 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jun 2, 8:23 pm, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
...well, maybe. On topic here.

http://tinyurl.com/kpwbvho

I can believe it. Amishters have some weird rult's about what they can
or can't use/do.

A lot of their welding and craft shops have computerized equipment and
have full kitchens with modern appliances and air conditioning, but no
power or running water to their house next door. Some modern tractors
(diesel only allowed) that have been changed over to steel wheels
etc.

But anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if the engine on that boat wasn't
rope start only. Some would go to an extreme and literally pull the
electric starter off.

Bending the rult's to suit their needs while trying to keep up
appearances. I wondered how they were able to produce such fine work
without modern tools. Do you think Lancaster is just a put on for the
tourists?

In article om, hank57
@socialworker.net says...

On 6/2/2013 10:23 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jun 2, 8:23 pm, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
[...]

Lancaster IS touristy, and not a good representation of the Amish
anymore. The ones who are faithful to their religion have long left for
places like western NY hills to be left alone.

In article a0ff5618-afa3-456d-96a6-0647cf830224
@g9g2000yqh.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 2, 8:23*pm, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
...well, maybe. On topic here.

http://tinyurl.com/kpwbvho

I can believe it. Amishters have some weird rult's about what they can
or can't use/do.

A lot of their welding and craft shops have computerized equipment and
have full kitchens with modern appliances and air conditioning, but no
power or running water to their house next door. Some modern tractors
(diesel only allowed) that have been changed over to steel wheels
etc.

But anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if the engine on that boat wasn't
rope start only. Some would go to an extreme and literally pull the
electric starter off.

Different sects of them have different rules in the amount of modern
things they can have.