Default Making plans for this years boating season

I'm excited thinking of trailering the Legend Xcalibur down to Cape Breton's Mira River.
Beautiful area and I haven't boated there yet.
Looks like a half decent launch ramp at Marion Bridge.
Here's a tune by Anne Murray and the Celtic Women about the charms of the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3nSDAocKKU

On 1/27/14, 3:08 PM, True North wrote:
I'm excited thinking of trailering the Legend Xcalibur down to Cape Breton's Mira River.
Beautiful area and I haven't boated there yet.
Looks like a half decent launch ramp at Marion Bridge.
Here's a tune by Anne Murray and the Celtic Women about the charms of the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3nSDAocKKU

Never heard of the river, so I looked it up. Sounds very nice. No bridge
jumping!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mira_Ri...Nova_Scotia%29

Oh, the Celtic Women are nice to watch, too.

--
There’s no point crying over spilled 4-Methylcyclohexanemethanol.

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:08:23 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

I'm excited thinking of trailering the Legend Xcalibur down to Cape Breton's Mira River.
Beautiful area and I haven't boated there yet.
Looks like a half decent launch ramp at Marion Bridge.
Here's a tune by Anne Murray and the Celtic Women about the charms of the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3nSDAocKKU

Now that, Don, looks like it would be a very nice trip. Looks like a nice campground pretty close,
with a launch ramp. Don't know if that's included in the camping rates, but might be worth a
looksee.

http://beneoinbeach.ca/

That Ben Eoin Area has just built a nice new marina that replaces the Royal Cape Breton Yacht Club in Sydney.
It also caused a nice little yacht club at Dundee to close.
Progress I guess.
Ben Eoin has a ski hill for the snow loving crowd this time of year.

On Monday, 27 January 2014 17:34:49 UTC-4, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:08:23 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

I'm excited thinking of trailering the Legend Xcalibur down to Cape Breton's Mira River.

Beautiful area and I haven't boated there yet.

Looks like a half decent launch ramp at Marion Bridge.

Here's a tune by Anne Murray and the Celtic Women about the charms of the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3nSDAocKKU

Now that, Don, looks like it would be a very nice trip. Looks like a nice campground pretty close,

with a launch ramp. Don't know if that's included in the camping rates, but might be worth a

looksee.

http://beneoinbeach.ca/

BTW...
A closer Provincial park/campground right on the Mira River would probably suit my needs better.
http://www.novascotiaparks.ca/brochures/MiraRiver.pdf

wrote:

I'm excited thinking of trailering the Legend Xcalibur down to Cape Breton's Mira River.
Beautiful area and I haven't boated there yet.
Looks like a half decent launch ramp at Marion Bridge.
Here's a tune by Anne Murray and the Celtic Women about the charms of the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3nSDAocKKU

===

There is no better way to spend a long, cold winter than planning a
boat trip. A lot of our adventures started out that way, and at
least one of them was inspired by a message exchange right here on
rec.boats. Possibly you remember Dave Brown, aka "Dave of the North",
who owns Brown's Marina at Chaffe's Locks on the Rideaux Canal?

http://www.brownsmarina.com/

Dave was a prolific contributor to rec.boats at one time.

You could probably do a Rideaux Canal cruise on your boat if you had
some camper canvas and improvised bunks. We ran into a lot of
Canadians doing exactly that. We still remember it as one of our best
boat trips ever.

http://www.rideau-info.com/canal/trip_plan.html

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 10:13:01 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

[...]

Looks like it has everything you'd want.

wrote:

[...]

About 2 & a half years ago, before I upgraded to the Legend Xcalibur, I was considering changing the Princecraft Yukon from a tiller operated boat to a side console type with the factory kit.
I sent Dave an e-mail asking for advice but didn't get a reply.
Maybe I shouldn't have told him exactly who I was and where I hang out. ;-)

That Rideau Canal adventure looks interesting. Between Ontario and Quebec, there are endless boating opportunities probably more suitable for my boat than the Atlantic Ocean.
I would have to get the proper 'head' installed.
They are a bit picky about that up there... I believe it must be a pump out system.. rather than a carry and dump.
Getting something big enough to be worthwhile in volume but not too big in hogging space could be a challenge.
Last time I towed a sailboat up that way for a rendezvous, it was very hot and I had trouble getting a good nights sleep. Almost fell asleep at the wheel on my return. Scared me good!

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 13:26:10 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

I would have to get the proper 'head' installed.
They are a bit picky about that up there... I believe it must be a pump out system.. rather than a carry and dump.

===

We have that issue here in Florida. The law here allows you to
convert a "porta potty" to a permanent installation by securing it to
the bottom of the boat and installing two hoses - one for pump out
going to a deck fitting, and the other for a vent. The one on our
SeaRay is secured to the bottom of the boat by a couple of heavy duty
Velcro strips (hidden from view).

On 1/28/2014 4:26 PM, True North wrote:
I would have to get the proper 'head' installed

You're kidding, right?